X

Exhaust note differences, Pre vs. Post

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust note differences, Pre vs. Post

I am transitioning from a '94 600 to a '05 600. Both bikes have stock exhausts. The 94 has a deep, loud, roaring racecar tone. The sound of it behind me is huge and the heads turn on the sidewalk before I roar past. But the '05 seems to have a wimpier, dull kind of note and the heads are not turning. The only way I can describe the difference in sounds is the '94 is a Formula One car, and the '05 is a fast-and furious little Honda Civic. How can I get a more throaty sound out of my '05? What is the best slip-on pipe that mimics the sound of a Pre? Thanks All.
    sigpic

"Computer users who do not back up their data deserve to lose it, period." - William H. Gates III

Get a D&D if you want something that gets noticed

Comment

Go to youtube and search for katana exhaust.

There are plenty of sound clips on there. That's how I decided on the Scorpion for my 91 ( I swapped to 98+ exhaust, but since it's got a 01 750 engine now it sounds even better)

Comment

There is a thread floating around with a compiled list of exhaust sounds. Try searching for it, i'm to lazy. lol
        2 bikes

'82 GS650G
        '94 Katana 600

Comment

Two brothers has the deepest note to me.
          Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
          '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
          '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
          '11 Kawasaki KLR650
          I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

Like every thread we have about exhuast sounds, you are going to get a wide range of opinions.

As mentioned earlier, if you're after nothing but sheer noise, get a D&D. I don't think it sounds particularly great, but it is loud. V&H also seems to get praised for its exhaust notes, but I've never heard one personally.

Do as paintmann111 suggested and search around for the exhaust notes thread; that should help you narrow it down.

Comment

Working...
            X