X

Got my Kat back and too her out!...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Kat back and too her out!...

Yesterday we got the Kat out of the shop. My husband rode her home because I hadn't ridden her more than around the neighborhood and we had 40 MPH sustained winds with 60 MPH gusts. I wasn't ready.

This morning my husband and I got on our bikes and took a long ride. My first long ride on the Kat. We did hit some winds but I seemed to handle it pretty well. Stopped and had some fine New Mexican cuisine for lunch!

So, my point, I guess, is ...I was just a KatOwner, now I am officially a KatRider.

Took my riding to a whole new level. It was great!

I got cought out in some stiff gusty side winds one day onna Kat. I just tucked down and she stayed very steady at highway speeds without moving in the lane too much. was a real pleasure vs being cought in the wind on the LTD. felt like a barn on the LTD some really gusty days
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Good to hear your out riding. I havnt gotten in much of a ride yet this year due to the weather but its looking better now.
      Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
      www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Hi, glad to hear you're enjoying your Kat. Watch out for those winds tho. I'm in Albq and have been blown all over the road these last couple of days.
        sigpic
        Currant Toys...
        '02 Suzuki GSX750F
        '74 Yamaha MX360
        '69 Camaro

Comment

Frist ride

Good for you SassyDuck Enjoy youself ride safe wear your gear you sound like a great wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NMwildKatB View Post
            Hi, glad to hear you're enjoying your Kat. Watch out for those winds tho. I'm in Albq and have been blown all over the road these last couple of days.
            I rode my husbands GS500F from UNM home on Thursday, and was fine on 40, but once I got on to Unser, I thought it was the end of me! That had to have been the scariest thing I have done in a long time. When I got home, I walked in the door and kissed the ground.

Comment

I normaly don't like to ride when windy, but the Kat handles it well. Guess cause it's lighter than was my Futura.
              Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
              '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
              '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
              '11 Kawasaki KLR650
              I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

Great!!! Now get out and ride her
                2007 Honda CBR600rr
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X