starer, relay...??? whats wrong...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starer, relay...??? whats wrong...

Hey...

So i went to leave work on the ol' 91 KAT 750 and started her up... idled for a few, then died.....

went to restart it and "click... click.... click"... would not start up... i finally had to get my boss to come out and help me push start it down the street....

Got home and kept messing with it and still all it does is click from the relay near the battery.... wont turn over or anything but click....

It did it a few days ago for a sec... i turned everything off and then back on and it started right up.... so i whatevers wrong finally went wrong fully...

Does that mean the starters messed up... or i need a new relay...

DAMN it had to break the day befor all the big motorcycle and car shows TOMMORROW..... i hate when that happens... GUESS i will have to rock the FAST jetta for tommorrow unless its an easy fix...
    THE EMAIL BANDIT
    F4 I stunted out
    Cbr900 (low and stretched)
    MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

make sure the battery is good, and check all the grounds, and connections. if the battery is good and holds a charge, prolly something loose somewhere
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

got it figured out....

its the starter relay.... i cut a piece of wire... and skipped the two sides of the relay and it started... so i gotta go try and get a new one tomm morning befor we roll out to the shows...
      THE EMAIL BANDIT
      F4 I stunted out
      Cbr900 (low and stretched)
      MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

Working...
      X