X

engine weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine weight

Does anyone know the engine weights for the different katana engine swaps, and the stock weight? Thanks

Well there is only 3 pounds between the 600 and 750 Pre 98 Kats.
    One pound between the 98+
    Then in the 88 GSXR there is only 4 pounds between the 750 and the 1100..

So basically there is no difference in weight between the engines..

Comment

Sweet, thanks. Ummm how much is that?:mrgreen:

Comment

No clue..

Quit being cryptic..
        What the hell are you talking about??

Comment

The weight of the engine, i have a wrecked 600 that i was wanting to make into a streetfighter. Was thinking of a bigger engine and was wondering what the engine weight and the weight differences. You gave the difference, but no actual weight. I was just wondering. Thanks!

Comment

Well Like I said, putting a Bandit 1200 engine in the bike is not going to add any real weight. Someone who has shipped one might know. In fact if you look on ebay for an early GSXR, Katana or Bandit engine they might list the shipping weight.

Comment

Pre-600 motor weighs approximately 160 lbs.
              "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Thanks to all!

Comment

Originally posted by jgmann67 View Post
                  Pre-600 motor weighs approximately 160 lbs.
                  the last one I shipped weighed in at 285 lbs with the crate. I never weighed the crate itself, but can't see it being 100 lbs, but maybe.

I can lift one easy enough, but not sure what I am capable of lifting...lol.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

yeah I've shipped a few engines as well, they are all about 250 lbs.

Comment

The pre98 600 motor I shipped a year back or so must have weight in the 230 range. I shipped the head separate from everything underneath it. The bottom plus its crate weighed exactly 150 as stated by DHL, and the box the head shipped in weighed 80 or so...
                      None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
                      -Robert Morrison

"
                      well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

That can't be. I've shipped a few heads (no cams, just the head) and the was 30 lbs.

Comment

It wasn't just a head in the box, there were other parts in there as well. cams, valve cover, some wood to stabilize the bottom of the box. Probably not 50 pounds worth of extras though... Might be wrong on that, but I'm sure the head and down was 150 including crate...
                          None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
                          -Robert Morrison

"
                          well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Working...
                          X