No announcement yet.
X

wheelies and undertails?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive never really thought about trying a wheelie and sure in the hell will never try a stoppy, but i was curious what you mean by power wheelies and how to use the clutch to get it up, also video would be cool considering ive never seen a video of a kat stuntin, but imma go hit up youtube and see what i can find
    99 katana 600- sold, but not forgotten
    06 yamaha yzf600r- down for the count
    06 Honda CBR 600rr- current bike
    lord, please let me be the person my dog thinks i am

Comment

well for one you can't power wheelie a kat you have to use the clutch. a power wheelie is when on a ss bike all you have to do is just give it some throtle and wait till you hit that power band then a gentle lift on the bars and the front end will just come up and you ride the wheelie untill you redline.(power wheelie)
      Last edited by johna600; 08-19-2008, 04:54 PM.

Comment

so how do you use the clutch? is it as simple as taking the rpms up to redline then dropping it?

Comment

I have never tried doing a wheelie by using the clutch but I can do one by doing the on-off-on method. Meaning, in 2nd gear riding about 6000 let off the gas and then hittin the gas again, with a slight pull it comes up. Heck I even did it yesterday evening in a big empty parking lot. Don't even think about doing on the road though.

Comment

First of all, word of advice, your fork seals arent gonna last to long. Second the undertail should have absolutely no effect on stunting what so ever.
            Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
            Current Bikes:
            1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by delkampg View Post
              ive never really thought about trying a wheelie and sure in the hell will never try a stoppy, but i was curious what you mean by power wheelies and how to use the clutch to get it up, also video would be cool considering ive never seen a video of a kat stuntin, but imma go hit up youtube and see what i can find

Forget the wheelie video, I wanna see the fat chick on the trapeze video!
              Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

wow, this thread is back from the dead!!!

everybody loves to read/talk about the mighty wheelie!! I saw a vid on youtube from an european dude on a Kat, he was doing wheelies on a kat like nobody's business. He was in a fenced off parking lot connected to an industrial building, he sure made it look easy. The sound wasn't great so I'm sure the rpm were though the roof and the sprockets could not have been OEM.

Has anyone else seen it??
                sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

ive searched youtube a bit but only found like 12 second videos with crappie quality

Comment

Working...
                  X