X

How would you move up to a Busa?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chinto View Post
    I am not sure that he switched to the shinko's because they are cheaper. They actually pretty good rep with the busa guys for handling and longevity. I will probably end up with a a set of them too.

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
    But with all the remodeling we're doing at the house, my checking account was running kinda lean. So I did what any red-blooded, BusaBoy would do in such a situation...

... I bought a set of *gasp* SHINKOS.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I guess money was a factor. Doesn't change their reputation though

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I'd switch
        Big cash diff though

Comment

When I traded my Katana it had about 7,900 miles and the rear tire still looked new!! My Busa has 7,200 miles on her and is on it's second rear tire. A set was installed at about 3,700 miles, they were'nt terrible but they were in need ( the rear one anyway). I now use PP 2CT's and I think they perform great... I may have to look into the Shinkos.
          sigpic

Current bike: 2007 Hayabusa

Comment

IMO the Kat is the perfect starter bike for the Busa, you will be used to the weight at low speed, the geometry is close. All you have to really get used to is the major increase in power, just use good judgement and a whole lot of prudence until you are comfortable. Keep in mind you are going to a bike that is going to feel it has twice the engine you are used to. And is for all practical purposes the fastest stock motorcycle ever produced.
            96 Katana 750; 05 SV650N; 81 CB900C

Comment

Busas are deffinately not a good idea for the first time rider ....but I've only been on bikes for 3 years. I've been hopping on my brother's 1300 for a year now every chance I get. It's not all that much different in weight and possitioning...just packs a MUCH bigger punch... but you're prepared for that b4 ya sit on it. and yes...he has 7,800 miles on it and is on his 3rd rear tire.

Comment

Originally posted by Gytrdunkat View Post
                Yeah, I'm curious what TDR get's out of his, he puts like 700k miles a year on his busa. I know he just switched to cheaper tires for that reason.

Here... http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...highlight=tire
                ummm, 700K (700,000) miles a year?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Originally posted by Paul C View Post
                IMO the Kat is the perfect starter bike for the Busa, you will be used to the weight at low speed, the geometry is close. All you have to really get used to is the major increase in power, just use good judgement and a whole lot of prudence until you are comfortable. Keep in mind you are going to a bike that is going to feel it has twice the engine you are used to. And is for all practical purposes the fastest stock motorcycle ever produced.
                i think i read last summer that Kawasaki reclaimed the fastest stock bike produced title with the ZX14
                Last edited by DumbLuck; 04-18-2008, 02:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
                  ummm, 700K (700,000) miles a year?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

i think i read last summer that Kawasaki reclaimed the fastest stock bike produced title with the ZX14

this guy..... geez...

Tom probably puts at least 20k/yr on his bike... (700k may've been said jokingly)

last summer the ZX14 was the fastest... However, Last FALL suzuki came with the new Busa.... Definitely a tighter competition for overall speed king....

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

It is not just the Busa that eats rear tires, the ZX14 does the same thing
                    2007 Honda CBR600rr
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X