X

Carrying And Extra Helmet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrying And Extra Helmet

Hey everyone my name is Jerrod, this is my first post. I just bought a 01 KAT from my buddy. Ive got to go on a trip about 200 miles away to go see the old lady but i need to bring an extra helmet. Any advice on where to put my helmet when I am riding down there. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Jerrod

hey jerrod, welcome to kr. if you are not planning on taking any luggage, i would probably invest in one of those bungie nets at your local bike store and rest the helmet on the passenger seat and bungee it on there using the bungee anchors located on both sides of the rear fairing.

i've seen some guys ride with the spare helmets on the side helmet lock, but i'd prefer to keep the bike in balance if possible.
    One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

Yep, webbing is the way to go. I bought mine from the dealership for $5.95. They had like 5 different colors-all in stock.

You do have the bars under the passenger part of the seat right? They should have two little "posts" on each side. IF THE BARS ARE NOT THERE, the webb will not work.
      By-the-way....Welcome to KR.
      Last edited by fireman1724; 04-14-2008, 05:22 PM.
      American by birth, Italian by the grace of God

Comment

Welcome to KR

Just use the helmet tab under the seat, it won't effect you will riding

Originally posted by fireman1724 View Post
        You do have the bars under the passenger part of the seat right? They should have two little "posts" on each side. IF THE BARS ARE NOT THERE, the webb will not work.
        By-the-way....Welcome to KR.
        I took the luggage bars of my bike. The rear foot pegs have hooks on them. you can still attach a net

Originally posted by ronin View Post
        i've seen some guys ride with the spare helmets on the side helmet lock, but i'd prefer to keep the bike in balance if possible.
        It doesn't throw it that far off balance, you don't even notice the helmet is there.
        Last edited by Mat0302; 04-14-2008, 05:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        myspace
        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Thanks alot. I will prob go today and get one of those webs.

Thanks.

Comment

ya if anything it would balance out the 50 lb silencer on your bike

Just get a bookbag man. Throw'er in there and your on your way. I wouldnt worry about lockin it to the side balance wise, id be woried about gettin **** in the chain... smell me?

Comment

i just put mine on the grab bar on the back works perfect with no problems

Comment

If you lift you seat there is a hook on the left side on the frame to hook the strap of the helmet on and then the seat closes on it to lock it in place as the helmet hangs on the side far away from chain and pegs. You will even see a indention on the fairing under the seat for the strap to sit.
                www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
                Katana Frame Sliders
                The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
                98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
                I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

Back pack works fine
                  Welcome to KR

Comment

the net I bought will not reach the luggage bars and be able to fit anything under it. I just hooked 2 hooks together under the seat, latched it and slid the others under the seat lip. Not the best but works great and has held a lot of stuff with no issues.
                    Where ever, whenever I go for a ride, may I be joined by friends that have died.

RIP Cyber Poet, watch over us all Marc

Comment

them nets really stretch. No problem putting all sorts of stuff under one on my pre. I've found on other bikes that riding with a helmet hanging from the holder got in the way of my leg. I hope the holders on my Kat are better placed.
                      99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                      1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                      '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                      Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

I wouldn't put it in a backpack. If you crash, your back will be hurting pretty badly from the helmet.
                        Bling....

Comment

just use the hooks under the seat that is what there for.
                          www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
                          Katana Frame Sliders
                          The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
                          98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
                          I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAUNSTEIN82 View Post
                            just use the hooks under the seat that is what there for.
                            '06 600 Katana
                            http://www.facebook.com/herb.wright
                            Official Member of the I Own A 98+ But I Think Pre's Look Good Also Club

Originally posted by Kreylyn
                            Okay.... Have you have figured out some way to make the bottom of your bike and the top of the bike closer together... maybe put it under a steam roller or something?

Comment

I've always used the cargo nets on my previous bikes, but it seems that the Kat's grab bars below the seat are further down than on my past bikes and the cargo nets I have are too short. I prefer this method and decided to make one net out of two in order to get the "reach" that I need, works great now.
                              sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

Working...
                              X