X

still debating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still debating

I am still debating whether or not i should lower my kat. any comments?

I thought about it. I'm 5'-5" with a 30" inseam but decided against it. I can just about flat foot it as it is. I always keep one foot on the pegs at a stop anyway and backing up isn't any problem. I came to this bike from one that weights twice as much so to me the weight of it isn't an issue at all...

Comment

I say no, anything that effects performance negatively is not cool.

Comment

If you lower the front and back the same amount there will be allmost no change in performance. Yes a lil. but not much. Unless you can allready lean it like a pro. My deal with it is... How often do you have a passenger? and how big are they? Mine sits 3" off the ground. and if the passenger weighs over 115-120 they would be out of luck because of the bike. dont matter how good looking they may be. The other thing is. what kind of roads are you on. any with speedbumps are pretty much out. or curbs to get to a driveway. Personally if you dont have a need to lower it its not worth the hassel. But that is all up to you.
        Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
        6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
        5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

I have my Front lower 1 1/2" and my Rear lower 2". Theres 2 thing I have found bad about lower my bike. Speed bumps(only certain few 90% I don't hit unless you go too fast) and ground clearance( I have heard of some of the real exp riders scrubb the center stand LOL. But I think it look alot cleaner without the center stand and luggage bar). Now the positive side I love the look give it a nice stances. 2nd the bike it really nimble in the curve there was this one turn I really had to shift my body to go through but now it only half the effort. But if you get lowering links buy them from ne-oublie http://katriders.com/vb/member.php?u=477 I brought mine from him. Only $35 including shipping. Made out of Stainless and super-fast shipping. Just pm him super great guy.

Since your bike is a dark red I figure I could give you a great Example of a Lower Bike Front lower 1 1/2" and Rear 2". This is Mat0302

Attached Files
          Last edited by Rok_Stars_Bars; 04-13-2008, 09:25 AM.
          sigpic
          Update Jul 11 2014
          Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

I bought dog bones for mine almost 3 yrs ago. I was already to lower until I took a very petite rider to lunch one day and drug the bike going into the resteraunt. At that point I said it is not worth it no matter how much better it would look.
            sigpic93 Katana
            98+ Rear Wheel 170/60/17 47 tooth Rear Sprocket
            Vance and Hines SS2R Custom Airbrushing

03 Alstare 600
            Salvaged title (lol)

Comment

I don't think it really negatively effects performance. I notice a slighty quicker steering response. I don't really bottom out a whole lot, but there are a few curbs and speed bumps that haven't been so nice. The only issue I run into is making a left u-turn with a passenger. I have to remember not to lean so much.

I have about 3" clearance of the ground. I like it that way, and yes it's my opinion. you could always try it and the change it back if you don't like it.

myspace
              2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

thanks mat0302. and i just want to say that your bike looks ****ing sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I debated for a long time and finally ordered my links from ne-oublie. now I cant wait.
                  Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                  www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

i would say go for it

Comment

Working...
                    X