X

Help with new Tires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with new Tires

I am looking for tires for my Katana that are not performance tires but a good all around traveling tire. I want something that give me alot of miles out of the tire before I have to replace it. I currently have Bridgestone BT104's and from what I have read that is a performance tire. I don't need a performance tire because I ride the speed limit. Does anyone have a good idea on a tire & what mileage range can I expect.

Tire Talk here

If it has to do with tires & wheels, then you're in the right place.
    Best tire for a Katana? What's the tread life on a particular brand ? Size of a stock rim?
    Chains & Sprockets? These questions and so much more are addressed right here !

And pretty much for a more commuter, sport touring tire, almost everyone will recommend the Metzler Z6, The Pirelli Strada (really close to the Z6), or a Conti Tire..

Comment

R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

But the Metzlers also handle awesome

Comment

for a good cheep tire that will take miles the shinko 009 is a good one. Its not the greatest for curves. but it will last a long time. and they arnt bad on curves. The just have a flat profile. But for 105 dollars to your door that aint a bad price.
          Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
          6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
          5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

I love my Avon Storms!

Comment

Working...
            X