No announcement yet.
X

Rear Signal Lenses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex, what is the paint called? Where is it? In the auto section?

Also, did the 06 kats come with clear rear signals; perhaps I can buy them from Asselstines (our local shop)....
    Forgiveness is what defines us. For without forgiveness, humans would have annihilated themselves with endless retributions.

2004 600 Kat

Billet Aluminum frame clamps and custom delrin sliders for 98+ Kats
    http://www.burley1.ca

Comment

Yes '06 had clear rears. You can order the lenses pretty cheap from the dealer. You should just need part #35610-24F30. Don't let the dealer push the whole assembly for $50-75.

RonAyers has them for $14.55 each.
      Last edited by mharrison; 04-04-2008, 03:24 PM.
      -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
      -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

Originally posted by ontariokatana View Post
        Alex, what is the paint called? Where is it? In the auto section?

Also, did the 06 kats come with clear rear signals; perhaps I can buy them from Asselstines (our local shop)....

I found it in the craft section I think. It was called stained glass window paint... it was meant for spraying plastics. Any craft store should have something similar.

I just had a thought. If you bought the clear lenses and sprayed the stained glass window paint on the inside of the lens, it would be much more durable than spraying the paint on the outside of the orange lenses.
        My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Good call I might do it this way. I just think it would be prudent to change them to red. I don't want to give them any reason to pull me over............
          Forgiveness is what defines us. For without forgiveness, humans would have annihilated themselves with endless retributions.

2004 600 Kat

Billet Aluminum frame clamps and custom delrin sliders for 98+ Kats
          http://www.burley1.ca

Comment

Working...
          X