No announcement yet.
X

Just did an oil change...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bandit guys have run rotella in their bikes for well over 100k miles with absolutely no problems at all....it's fairly common actually...
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle View Post
      bandit guys have run rotella in their bikes for well over 100k miles with absolutely no problems at all....it's fairly common actually...

I run the Dino Rotella myself but I figured that a 40 weight might not cut it down in the GA heat (going by the OP's listed location).
      "It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them"

KatRider. A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. Uloset, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

Comment

Rotella T Syn is great stuff...no problems here and matter of fact made my shifting feel even smoother....
        1993 Suzuki Katana, 2004 Nissan 350Z

Comment

Originally posted by Fox Fader View Post
          This is not an oil debate, you may want to do some research. A lot of us have been using the correct full syn's in bikes for years.
          I have researched.....beyond all the praise on this site. I tend to search out the "cons" as well. the majority of you on here are using it in fairly new bikes with low mileage. I used it on a 92 with 120k miles. original clutches until 80k, when I did the swap to synthetic. by 85k my clutches were toast. some will say it was just because of the mileage, but I say BS cuz I looked at the clutches when I changed them. I could have probably made the who 120k on them if I stuck to my reg oil.

so my opinion...and that's all it is, an opinion......is that I will not switch to syn oil on a high mileage bike unless I was prepared to possibly have to change my clutches. and from what I have read, it seems to be the general opinion when it comes to high mileage bikes. in fact, I think if I was going to make a change, next time I would probably be more likely to "test" a high mileage engine oil.

then again, most of you on here will probably never see 80k miles with your bike, let alone 120k. most don't even make it to 50k before they trade in.

for the record, I WILL also be using synthetic. my V&H engine is a fresh rebuild with new clutches, so I am not afraid of synthetic.
          Last edited by Mojoe; 03-31-2008, 11:47 AM.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

If you really want to get all the oil out of the oil cooler, you're going to need to unbolt both lines where they go into the pan, and at least one of the lines up top so you can tilt it and get the oil out.

Comment

I run Suzuki Fully Synthetic Motorcycle Specific Oil. I have also ran BelRay Fully Synthetic. Both with no problems....except for the BelRay being like $13 a quart...
              I'm starting to wonder if you all need a beatdown.

Comment

Working...
              X