X

First ride of the season

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First ride of the season

Well on Saturday after about 20min. of fiddling around and charging the battery the kat fired up. I let it idle for about 5min. and she was ready to go. I dug her out of her winter hideaway and pulled it out into the driveway, buckled up my helmet and headed out onto the street. 38 degrees but man was it nice to be back on the Kat!

Anyone else been out on their bikes that actually had to store them for the winter?

Yeah only for short runs as well But its well worth it. Its still right around freezing here too. Mines been at the shop all winter and the other day I was thinking about bringing it home since the parking lot is almost thawed out. Well I decided not to and as soon as I got home it started to snow again. Grrr. luckily it wasnt much and didnt stick around. guess ill be waiting a few more weeks to be safe.
    Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
    www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Got mine out of storage mid February, and off to the shop for spring servicing. Picked it up two weeks ago, and have had it out 7 days so far. Mostly short distance rides, due to cold, but a few days have been good enough for 5 plus hours of riding. Then again, if it's over 40 degrees and sunny, that's good enough for me.

400+ miles so far this spring!
      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

I was out for about 10 minutes last weekend in high-30's temps, but it was on a 1980 Yamaha XS-650 to test some parts I had just put on it. I was out again last night (mid to high 50's) for about 30 minutes, again on the Yamaha.

I've been mad at my Kat for jerking me around (carbs) all winter. Funny thing was, when I got home, I decided to try to start the Kat. I hit the starter button, with no choke, and it started instantly, and kept running. I guess it wants some road time now!

Comment

You guys is crazy... It is 27 deg right now... Hell, I don't even want to do my yardwork, let alone ride 60mph through the frosty air... Come on global farce... I mean warming.
          2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
          Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
          "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
          Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
          Veteran of the United States Air Force.
          "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

I had my kat out the other day,,, It took a while to get it started let alone warmed up but I threw on my helmet, lether coat and some winter gloves and off I went but....my ride was short it was pretty chilly but it was worth it.

Comment

I've had my bike about 3 weeks now, and I try to go out at least every other day when its 35+ and when we're not expeceting precipitation
              -'96 Katana 750-

-Max

"Everyday in which you learn something isn't a complete loss"

Comment

I will be riding starting this weekend. It is supposed to be in the 40's this weekend and 50's next week. Oh yeah. It is about time.
                2007 Honda CBR600rr
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                sigpic

Comment

we need another good rain or two before all the **** is off the roads. all the mains are destroyed from plowing this winter... holes bigger than the bike.

Comment

I live in Alabama, i ride all year! Sorry for rubbing that in.
                    Watching Obama run this country is like watching a train crash in slow motion.

Comment

I've been out off and on over the last few weeks as the temps are all over the place. I was out today for about 45 min and it was WAY too windy. Couldn't have been more then 10-15 with 20mph gusts but it still felt like I was going to have my helmet blown off or knocked off the bike. Even in town it was hard to ride.

Felt great to get out for a bit though.
                      Where ever, whenever I go for a ride, may I be joined by friends that have died.

RIP Cyber Poet, watch over us all Marc

Comment

Originally posted by JaxKat View Post
                        You guys is crazy... It is 27 deg right now... Hell, I don't even want to do my yardwork, let alone ride 60mph through the frosty air... Come on global farce... I mean warming.
                        come on now, I've already started riding to work again, and doing my normal errands

Comment

If it wasnt for global warming. We would all freeze slam to death.

Comment

Originally posted by 87vert View Post
                            come on now, I've already started riding to work again, and doing my normal errands
                            OK Vert... I wanted to ride today, but my wife made me go to her friends wedding all day long... All this awsome SUN... and me stuck doing the dang chicken dance in a suit... UGHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!
                            2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                            Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                            "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                            Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                            Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                            "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Originally posted by frobotz View Post
                              I live in Alabama, i ride all year! Sorry for rubbing that in.
                              Nothing like year round riding
                              Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
                              '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
                              '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
                              '11 Kawasaki KLR650
                              I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

Working...
                              X