X

Front and Rear Stands

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front and Rear Stands

Hey, i'm thinking i'm going to want to get some front and rear stands here for my pre 600 in the near future. Since I have no center stand, this should make some of the work I need to do a lot easier. Who makes good stands that don't require spools, etc. I've been looking at pitbull stands with their non-spooled rear stand and their front fork lift stand (I need seals like 2 years ago) Anyone have any experience with these or other stands? Didn't find a tool section, so I guess this goes here.

if you drop your lower fairing off..
    your front end can be supported off the floor using axle stands under the sides of the engine, that's how i support my naked fighter, i tilt the bike over onto the sidestand a little extra then slide the axlestand under the opposite side, then i go round the other side place the jackstand close to the engine and struggle to lift the bike and nudge the axlestand into position with my toe...

that lifts my front wheel off the floor by an inch or so, one day i'll get round to buying paddock stands but until then i'll carry on struggling
    it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

I use the same thing as nightmare. I like it better than using front and rear stands. That and I can just the jacks for my car too

Comment

I built this pipe stand for @ $50 and 10 minutes

Solid as a rock.

I just bought a T-Rex Racing rear stand last month...I keep the bike on this in the garage since the bandit shock swap makes the sidestand a bit short and leans a good bit.
        This is it

Comment

I have both the pipe stand and a set of the t-rex stands. The pipe stand is not really a "quick" solution... the t-rex stands are inexpensive and easy to work with.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I have a t-rex front stand, the one that supports the bike using the bottom of the forks. It's well built, good quality. The only complaint I have is that on the 03+ (dont know about the 98-02) the bottom of the forks arent the same length, one side is like an inch longer than the other side to allow room for the front axle pinch bolt. SO this causes the handlebars to turn slightly when you put it on the front stand, and to me it makes it a little bit unstable.

I will probably be looking for a triple tree stand in the future because of this.
            Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
            18v Rigid Drill
            Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
            New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

I support the front wheel by putting a 2x4 under the exhaust header pipes (as forward as possible) and lift in the middle with a jack. After it's an inch or so off the ground, I put my tiny jack stands under the ends of the 2x4. I've always done it that way and I've never had a problem. I only do it this way when I need to remove front end components.
              My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Those T-Rex stands are very reasonable for a triple tree stand and a rear swing arm stand together, i'll probably grab those. Thanks a bunch guys.

Comment

Working...
                X