X

Carb - rebuild

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb - rebuild

Okay, I have read a lot on the page and done now some work on my carbs.

I think I'm at the point where I would like to take them all a part off the rail and soak them.
    Now there are so many threads here detailing the one and other thing.

Since I'm having a cart at Ron Ayers filling up I would like to make sure I have most of the stuff I need.
    I'm still looking for the screws which hold the butterfly valve. It seems like I can not make out a drawing I see them on. Since this would be the only things I so far have an definite need for if I take them out.

What else would be a "good to have on hand" Since shipping at Ron takes a little longer...

With the wife sitting behind me and counting the hours I spend in the garage it would be nice to not have to postpone repairs to jet another weekend.

I have another question regarding the carb 3 body. My great PO has broken the little ear where you tighten the throttle cable. So it is only wetched in there and held with thread save ... (I told you he is great, that is the reason I really have to look through the bike thoroughly)
    Can I get a carb 3 body and replace it or will this be a bad idea...? I'm also keeping my eyes open on e-bay for a complete carb setup... if I could score it with a jet kit, even better.
    Actually looking at it now in the Fiche it looks like open and not a closed loop...

Of course you also can point me to a posting.

Thanks
    Last edited by dnargsiefil; 03-16-2008, 08:23 PM.
    --- 1989 Katana 750 ---

the butterfly valve screws i found to work were for a pc. I took mine out and fubard one, i finally replaced when i spilled my spare pc screw jar. You might be able to find them at radio shack. A word of advice when removing, grind the back of the screw off as instructed in the manual, also don't push the butterfly valves back in with your thumb....they will slice your finger wide open, then you have to clean the blood up.

Emulsion tubes and float valves(can use from a gsxr, usually cannot find them without the floats for the katanas). Basically anything that is an oring....replace it.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dnargsiefil View Post
        Okay, I have read a lot on the page and done now some work on my carbs.

I think I'm at the point where I would like to take them all a part off the rail and soak them.
        Now there are so many threads here detailing the one and other thing.

Since I'm having a cart at Ron Ayers filling up I would like to make sure I have most of the stuff I need.
        I'm still looking for the screws which hold the butterfly valve. It seems like I can not make out a drawing I see them on. Since this would be the only things I so far have an definite need for if I take them out.

What else would be a "good to have on hand" Since shipping at Ron takes a little longer...

With the wife sitting behind me and counting the hours I spend in the garage it would be nice to not have to postpone repairs to jet another weekend.

I have another question regarding the carb 3 body. My great PO has broken the little ear where you tighten the throttle cable. So it is only wetched in there and held with thread save ... (I told you he is great, that is the reason I really have to look through the bike thoroughly)
        Can I get a carb 3 body and replace it or will this be a bad idea...? I'm also keeping my eyes open on e-bay for a complete carb setup... if I could score it with a jet kit, even better.
        Actually looking at it now in the Fiche it looks like open and not a closed loop...

Of course you also can point me to a posting.

Thanks
        I know this is a way late post, but to answer future questions, they're a phillips pan head screw, M3-.60 about an 1/8" long from the underside of the tapered head to the end of the screw shank.
        2004 KTM 525 EXC
        2004 KTM 200 EXC
        1990 Suzuki GSX600F
        1978-1/2 AMF/H-D Low Rider 1200

Comment

Working...
        X