No announcement yet.
X

Are there exhausts for the 05's yet??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as far as where to buy you can check out our membership deals section.. Speedwerks will give you a discount for being a KR member.

Oh and hindle full system..
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
      as far as where to buy you can check out our membership deals section.. Speedwerks will give you a discount for being a KR member.

Cool, thanks. I was just getting ready to ask about where to buy exhaust( since it was the original purpose of the thread ).
      > Vince <

05 Katana 600
      97 Mustang GT
      95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

AHHH

CRAPADAM! AHHHH AHHHH AHHHH

when i went to get my 04...i saw dunlop sportmax tires...i dropped and kissed the dirty warehouse floor. one less thing to buy right out of the crate. granted, i loved my battlax's on my 01 but the sportmax's are definately a good tire from the manufacturer. in no dire need of replacement.

also, TBR kit seems to fit the 04/05 just fine even tho they dont list it on the site. the rear hanger is a tiny bit out of place. they seem to think there is an extra mounting point on the frame itself, but i just used the rear bolt from the side bar (stock part) and it works/looks just peachy.

on the shovel note...i spent 10 mins and made a rugged cut with the dremel...a great time to do this is when you have the exhaust off. stock doesnt get in the way too much but a high mount TBR is right in your face when trying to dremel the shovel. so i made the rough cut, then took a nice thick metal file, then went to rough sandpaper, then fine sandpaper. looks stock and i have no clue what i am doing so there is no chance you can mess it up. START HACKING!
        "I am better than dirt..well most kinds of dirt that is. Not that fancy storebought dirt- that stuff is loaded with nutrients. No way I can compete with that stuff..."

Comment

Originally posted by vdaily89
          Thanks. Looks like you cut out pretty much the whole thing. Those solocowl's look sweet. I assume the one for the 04 will fit my 05. How much does it usually run to paint one? Shouldn't be too bad.
          You can get the paint from www.color-rite.com and paint it yourself, or give the paint to someone and have them do it for you. would save you some money. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus

I checked out Speedwerks and all I saw was stuff for the SV's and gixxers. Nothing for the Kats. Any other places to check out for a slip-on?
            > Vince <

05 Katana 600
            97 Mustang GT
            95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

Working...
            X