No announcement yet.
X

Suzuki Katana Scooter????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i rescued a 1980 Honda PA50-II Hobbit (the 30mph model, pedals and all) from the trash men and restored it. That thing was a major hoot to ride, and got amazing amounts of attention in the pits at BIR. Only thing i didnt like about it was having to take the entire fanny off the thing off to get at the carb. Oddly enough tho, the insurance and tabs cost the same as my 750LTD.
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by JZ67 View Post
      Manufacturers often recycle a name or rebrand a product in different regions. They already own the trademark.

Is it an embarrassment that Honda used the CBR tradename for their 125cc entry level offering?
      from what i can find the had the katana scoote in 2001 and they still made the katana bikes til 2006, right? hows that recycled????
      1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
      1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
      Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckie29 View Post
        from what i can find the had the katana scoote in 2001 and they still made the katana bikes til 2006, right? hows that recycled????
        Mentioned in an earlier post, the 'GSXF - Katana' as we know it in North America is only known as the 'GSXF' in Europe where the 'Katana' is the scooter, thus the recycled brand and the answer to your question.

Oh, and the Katana is still being made - relaunched in a different suit with a 650cc engine for 2008.
        Last edited by JZ67; 03-12-2008, 12:12 PM.
        R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckie29 View Post
          I'm not sure if this has been brought up before but i think that suzuki should be ashamed disgracing the name of a great bike by giving the name to a scooter.

http://www.phmotorcycles.co.uk/bikes/suzuki-katana-50.html

and it's only 50cc, too.
          well....some of us who own the ol' skool kats could say the same thing about all the kats most of you are riding

and even though you do not want to hear this, or admit to it, most of europe and the rest of the world DO feel it is a shame that suzuki used the name on your bikes, and do find them a disgrace to the name. I believe they refer to them as "sticker bikes" and "teapots".
          so to whine about the name being used on a scooter is sort of like the pots calling the kettles black.
          Last edited by Mojoe; 03-12-2008, 12:27 PM.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
            well....some of us who own the ol' skool kats could say the same thing about all the kats most of you are riding

and even though you do not want to hear this, or admit to it, most of europe and the rest of the world DO feel it is a shame that suzuki used the name on your bikes, and do find them a disgrace to the name. I believe they refer to them as "sticker bikes" and "teapots".
            so to whine about the name being used on a scooter is sort of like the pots calling the kettles black.
            But it is black and so is my kat, so there

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

theres the katana scooter for ya stunt show!!!!!!!!!
              02 Suzuki Katana 750
              05 Suzuki Boulevard C 50

If i wanted to hear an a$$hole i would just fart!!!!

sigpic

Comment

even though you do not want to hear this, or admit to it, most of europe and the rest of the world DO feel it is a shame that suzuki used the name on your bikes, and do find them a disgrace to the name. I believe they refer to them as "sticker bikes" and "teapots".
                +1

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by tankman1331 View Post
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VibQ7tML-NM

theres the katana scooter for ya stunt show!!!!!!!!!
                  maybe its me but stunts look better at high speed they might as well be on bicycles.

Comment

even in the states its known as a GSXF look on your title

Comment

Originally posted by zeksteve View Post
                      even in the states its known as a GSXF look on your title
                      my title doesn't show the model it has a blank spot but the frame says GSX750F

Comment

sort of like the pots calling the kettles black.
                        Or, teapots calling the kettle black

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                          Originally posted by soulless kaos
                          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

well... i dont really like them there scooter thingymagigs no matter what you call em..... a real motorcycle has to be able to do over 60.

I saw an old man riding one of those today and i just felt sorry for him.... have you ever seen anyone look cool riding one of those....
                            THE EMAIL BANDIT
                            F4 I stunted out
                            Cbr900 (low and stretched)
                            MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

Originally posted by FastJetta97 View Post
                              well... i dont really like them there scooter thingymagigs no matter what you call em..... a real motorcycle has to be able to do over 60.

I saw an old man riding one of those today and i just felt sorry for him.... have you ever seen anyone look cool riding one of those....
                              there is an old guy around where i live with a scooter he rides around in flip flops bermuda shorts and lets the wind whip his white hair on his bare chest, and he ain't got a helmet on. I laugh at him all the time (when i see him)

Comment

As far as the -make- of the bike, my insurance card says GSX750F for my 2006. My 1995 Kat title said the same thing. My new one only has Katana badges, but my '95 had both Katana and GSXF on it. Can't explain that one.

Regarding the "tea pot" reference, and the expressed opinion that those of us with post '98 models are riding disgraceful "sticker" bikes I say this: Would it be a shame that someone riding a 2008 'Busa does so, because the seat, or fairngs were changed? Does that make it a different bike? No, it makes it a re-worked, *improved* bike. I guess anyone driving the new Mustang is a disgrace to those with mid 90's models, eh? Personally, I think my new Kat looks better by leaps and bounds over my '95 Kat. And anyone that thinks that I ride a "shameful sticker model" can kiss my d*ck. That's just as ridiculous as me saying "Yeah, those older Katanas are outdated junk yard rejects, and everyone riding them should be embarassed."

You've gotta be kidding me. How pointless an arguement to be having. And here I thought this was a cohesive community. Yet, it seems to be divided over something as petty as plastics, or year. Now that is the shameful part of this...
                                ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
                                チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
                                Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                                X