No announcement yet.
X

Heard it cant be done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya you can get it to work just take your time. it should be worth it in the end

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
      not true! as Fred stated, money and imagination can lead to anything. you could put an 08 suzuki busa engine into an 80's honda cb if you wanted.
      If there is a will, there is a way.
      2007 Honda CBR600rr
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
      sigpic

Comment

What it tells me about dealers is that their job is repairs, etc. Not knowing which motors swap into what bikes and what years. Bet they wouldn't know about the gixxer fork swap either, because that isn't their area of expertise.

Comment

Dealers just want to sell you a new bike. They don't want you to mod it, they want you to leave with a new Gsxr 1000.
          2007 Honda CBR600rr
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
          sigpic

Comment

You all are tellin me to just get a new bike, but I dont wanna go out and buy a new one because Im new to riding motorcycles still. I dont wanna risk trashing a bike when I just bought it. Im not doing it to be a track bike, or to be faster. Just so I can get my beginner $500 dollar bike back together. All I need is an engine and Im set, but I dont know whats better. The 1100 or the 750, quality wise, durability wise

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
              not true! as Fred stated, money and imagination can lead to anything. you could put an 08 suzuki busa engine into an 80's honda cb if you wanted.

True true. there are a few o1 gsxr600s floating around with busa motors in them. make some mean grudge bikes.
              Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
              6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
              5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Either motors are good, they are all built off the same bulletproof design. Both are air/oil cooled, Just the 1100 is a more powerful motor. That much I would hope you figured out already LOL As for long term servicing, the 11, you would have to drop the motor to get the head off, where as the 750 you wont. Just a matter of what you want. I would say go with the 750 since its your first bike, but that would be just my suggestion.
                If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Thank you Newbie. I havent been here for awhile cuz of life's lovely issues, but the bike is well underway to being finished. My friends live down south and will be looking for the engine this year. Thanks to all of you for your help. Couldnt have done it without ya guys

Comment

Working...
                  X