X

Choke cable and MC interchangabillity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choke cable and MC interchangabillity

what other suzuki models have a choke cable that i can use on my 600?? also what year gsxr master cylinders will fit as well? and will it clamp right up with no mods? also does is matter what size gsxr i get it from? thanks.

I don't know about inter compatibility but I do know this, I have a guy around here at a family owned bike shop who will replace the inner cable and cable ends making it basically like new for $8. I had him do my throttle cable last season and I didn't even think it was very stiff at all however it broke and needed replacing, and my god am I glad it did. The difference was amazing.

Comment

to find interchangeable parts, ron ayers had a tool on their site that will tell you what other parts are used on other makes and models. Look to spend around $20 for a choke cable. Also gsxr master cylinder, not to sure.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Everything from the best brake pads to use, installing new brake lines,
        swing arm swaps, adjusting your suspension or rebuilding your forks.
        Everything you need to know on those topics and so much more is here.

Last edited by wcj; 02-24-2008, 05:00 PM.

Comment

cool thanks. will the gsxr unit fit right in?

Comment

also my choke cable is missing so i can't make a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanMafia View Post
              cool thanks. will the gsxr unit fit right in?
              It will really depend on what you are using.........

NO not a direct bolt on, one because you have to find a way to mount the reservoir, as the kat stock is built in. Simple though, some flat piece of metal from home depot or lowes bent with normal house hold tools could get it work, easily.

Also depends on if you have ss lines or not. Stock has one line at the master cylinder, and most ss line kits have 2 lines. WHy does this matter, because the bolt thread pattern might be different on that of the kat from the gsxr. I know that the bandit uses a coarse thread i think than the kats. However some ss line kits ship bolts with two thread patterns

I am sure it is the same 7/8" bar diameter.

My only question in this whole thing is why? Now I know i have reasons for doing things that seem unnecessary sometime, and I just say well just because. IF that is the case, cool, no problem.

But if you are looking for an advantage, just go with ss lines and depending on bike (also fill in your bike info in the garage, or state it in the post or signature to help us help you) rebuild calipers and stock master cylinder. Throw some HH pads in the front GG(stock) in the rear and you are good to go.

Clutch cable..........yeah you could replace, but pesonally I would take the money you wanted to spend on gsxr front master cylinder, take the money and spend it on converting the clutch over to hydraulic clutch from a bandit.

Just my two cents.
              Last edited by BarMatt80; 02-24-2008, 06:21 PM.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

well i'm makin it a streetfighter cause i'm not a fan of the huge fairing and i think that it looks good. that pretty much the only reason. also i need a choke cable not a clutch. but i would like some more info on the hydro clutch as well now. and will my brake lever fit or will i have to get a gsxr one? thanks.

also it's a 92 600. sry bout that.
                Last edited by MexicanMafia; 02-24-2008, 06:45 PM.

Comment

well i'm makin it a streetfighter cause i'm not a fan of the huge fairing and i think that it looks good. that pretty much the only reason. also i need a choke cable not a clutch. but i would like some more info on the hydro clutch as well now. and will my brake lever fit or will i have to get a gsxr one? thanks.

also it's a 92 600. sry bout that.
                  whoops, got clutch and choke mixed up there. I'll see if i can find the info on the hydro clutch.

Comment

I used a GS550 choke cable.. Worked OK..

Comment

ok cool. did it seem shorter? thanks.

Comment

MCN had an article this month on a company that makes a "replaceable" cable set..... I need to figure out what I did with that issue.
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

ok cool. did it seem shorter? thanks.
                          No, seems like the right length. It just didn't attach at the carb perfectly,
                          but for $5.. hey,

Comment

Working...
                          X