X

So why is it that the pre's have more HP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So why is it that the pre's have more HP

I was just looking around at some specs on the different year kats. I have a 06 600 and by the specs I was looking at seams like the 04 up have the least hp.
    I was wondering as to what makes the difference in power I think it was like 9hp more

the 04 has less HP because of all the emissions crap that 04+ have
    the pre 750 has more HP because of bore and stroke. The 600 pre and post is the same bore and storke. The only effect on HP in that case is carb jetting. Some douche bag will tell you they are different engines. I've proved it before and I'll do it again if I have to, the cylinder block on pre and post 600 is identicle.

Comment

simple....

different engines

Comment

Comment

is there a way to get rid of all the emissions crap on my 06

Comment

because they did it right the first time?

oh and different engines. or is it the color difference?

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by Clayton 1 View Post
              is there a way to get rid of all the emissions crap on my 06
              yes, get an after market slip on, thats whay they all say 98-04 and all the jet kits say 98-04 also.

Comment

so you mean they not only look better?

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
                  yes, get an after market slip on, thats whay they all say 98-04 and all the jet kits say 98-04 also.
                  could you elaborate on this?

thanks
                  There is something about being on a bike that is singularly American. It says, "I have some priorities here that aren't about life expectancy."

-Alton Brown

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
                    because they did it right the first time?

oh and different engines. or is it the color difference?

Yeah maybe its not black... The fastest color out there LOL

Comment

with this being said (if you have a pre600 and do exhaust and a jet kit it would make even more than a 04+ with the same mods why is that) sorry if I'm asking dumb questions I'm just trying to understand.

Comment

no it wouldn't the pre's have a dual exhaust. If you want a slip on, you'd have to use 98+ headers. Not to mention pre 98 600's have BST33SS carbs, 98+ 600's have BSR32SS carbs. Therefore the jetting is COMPLETELY different. What you're asking makes total sense, but when you throw in all the technical stuff, it's not quite that simple. To make a pre and post 1 in the same, you have to a TON of stuff. I know, look at my engine.
                        Last edited by arsenic; 02-20-2008, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
                          so you mean they not only look better?

See, now I knew if I hung around long enough, I'd find more things where Chinto and I agree... pre's are the shiatzu.
                          "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrrosdimas1245 View Post
                            could you elaborate on this?

thanks
                            elaborate how so? The stock muffler has a catalyst converter in it, an after market slip on does not.

Comment

basically what chris is saying is that in 05 and 06 they added a catalytic converter in with the silencer... the government wont allow them to post slipons for the 05 and 06 so when you look at a new one it will only say 98-04... but its the same slip on... the gov regulations wont let them tell u it will fit.... but it will

so get a new slip on and you should see a big difference in performance compaired to anyone with a bike 04 and below.... you could even grind down the header welds for that little extra, but thats up to you

Also get a jet kit, that will help because they had to make the bike run really lean which gets better emmissions but not performance.

other than that.... uhhhhh paint it red and put busa stickers on.. that should get you 20 more HP

Comment

Working...
                              X