Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How much you think I could get for this bike..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much you think I could get for this bike..

http://katriders.com/vb/vbgarage.php?&do=view&id=3392 = MY GARAGE

It's an 06 K750 with 2750 miles on it. Now I should start by saying that it was dropped, or actually high-sided a year ago. By the time it happened though I was only doing about 15mph. The right fairing has been repaired and painted. I replaced the stator cover with an NRC cover. The mid-pipe has a small dent in it from where the driver foot peg collapsed into it, and also has two rivets, one on the front and one on the rear of the can that were filed down a bit. It's all superficial damage. The bike has been very well maintained and always garage kept.

As soon as I get my tax return back I"m paying off the bike and selling it. So I'm just wandering how much you guys think this bike will go for. Thanks for the input.
    Foolish men search the earth for worldly masters, not realizing that their own mind is the master.

Man, IDK looking at pics and from what you said $5,000-$6,000. But thats cuz I know about Katana. A guy on the street just see a Bike. He don't know how much the cowl and jet kit and etc, etc. But look my bike with the paint job I would want 7,000 but I know I probably will never get it becuz I guy on the street going to listen to his friends say its a kan of tuna. Not the good or what I have done. But another good thing is. your bike is a 2006 alot of bank won't deal with anything 3 years or older so that could help on your pricing.
    sigpic
    Update Jul 11 2014
    Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

nice bike you should not have any problem selling it now how much you will get for it is a different story there are a lot of 2006's on the market so you might have to take less but I think you will sell your bike
      sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

I'd say around $4500...not because it isn't worth more and that it's not in good shape, s9imply because there is a TON of gsxfs on the market and since they're virutally identical for a number of years, that will weigh against you. You might be able to sell it for more with the low mileage though...is the title sstill clear? If you reported it to the insurance and you have any kind of brand on the title, that could also affect the value to a seller. Brandon out here in Portland has a very nice looking 98+ kat I've been watching him try to sell and while not quite as new or as low mileage as yours, I know he's had it on the market for some time with a number of price drops. Hope that helps in some way.

Cheers M8

Comment

$3500 bike. Fair price and it'l get it gone, start at $3900
          Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
          '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
          '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
          '11 Kawasaki KLR650
          I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox Fader View Post
            $3500 bike. Fair price and it'l get it gone, start at $3900
            ...for an 06 750 with less than 3000 miles? I'd think he could eek out a bit more than that. Guess it depends on how quick of a sale you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
              is the title sstill clear? If you reported it to the insurance and you have any kind of brand on the title, that could also affect the value to a seller.

Cheers M8
              Yeah, the title is still clear. There wasn't any major damage so I saw no reason reporting it to the insurance to get fixed. Mostly cosmetics. And to keep it off my record I did 10 hours of community service. The only reason they let me do that is because the wreck wasn't my fault, so the DA took it easy on me.

I really appreciate all of your inputs. I'm thinking of starting at 5k and working down. I'm in Monterey, CA so prices here are a little high anyways.

D
              Foolish men search the earth for worldly masters, not realizing that their own mind is the master.

Comment

Originally posted by Drastion View Post
                Yeah, the title is still clear. There wasn't any major damage so I saw no reason reporting it to the insurance to get fixed. Mostly cosmetics. And to keep it off my record I did 10 hours of community service. The only reason they let me do that is because the wreck wasn't my fault, so the DA took it easy on me.

I really appreciate all of your inputs. I'm thinking of starting at 5k and working down. I'm in Monterey, CA so prices here are a little high anyways.

D
                I wish I knew what I know now. Maybe I was dumb but i payed $5,175 for a 05 gsxf 600 with 8900mi and it had been dropped on its right side. And it was total OEM. AND I BROUGHT IT. LOL. I sent $1000+ for I got now. And you about got everything (minus and plus some) I have except I got my painted. And I brought my bike in Sept 07 and it would be about the same thing add up a year. Man pay off bike wait till it gets warm everyday and post it $6000 and every month drop like $500 but I bet you will sell it.
                sigpic
                Update Jul 11 2014
                Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Point to consider...
                  There are still unsold '06 Kats
                  sitting on the showroom floor here.

Comment

Nice bike!!!
                    2007 Honda CBR600rr
                    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skeezix View Post
                      Point to consider...
                      There are still unsold '06 Kats
                      sitting on the showroom floor here.
                      Hopefully someone will see that they will just alot for less overall. with all the upgrades Yoshi TRS on it. Ivan's stage 1 jet kit. 5 deg ignition advancer. Chopped shovel with integrated tail/turn lights. Smoked front turn signals. NRC stator cover. Conti Road Attack rubber. Skull license plate bolts, adds a nice little touch. Solo Cowl.

Let see yoshi what around $300, ivan $100, advaner $50, led $100, turn $50, stator cover IDK, Tire $300, Cowl $200?. I think if someone knows alittle about bike they might realize this is a good deal. But like many other said depend on how fast you want to sell.
                      sigpic
                      Update Jul 11 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
                        ...for an 06 750 with less than 3000 miles? I'd think he could eek out a bit more than that. Guess it depends on how quick of a sale you want.
                        W/o the hi-side, yeah.
                        Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
                        '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
                        '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
                        '11 Kawasaki KLR650
                        I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

I bought used because in ontario if you buy new you pay 2 taxes and used only 1 so that was a difference of over 600 to the tax man!!!
                          Always remember to keep the rubber side down!

Comment

Just for reference...

There's a local dealer here with 2 '06s for $4999.

One only has 1500 miles and is absolutely showroom clean & stock the other has 4800 miles, lots of sweet mods, but got dropped on the left side at low speed in a parking lot so she has a scuffed delcal, a cracked turn signal lens, and a scraped motor side cover.

Just for comparo!

Another area dealer has a pair of still brand new 600s asking $6K each last I heard.

Good luck!

Comment

Nice bike .. I'd say let the negotiating start at 4000.00, establish in your mind your bottom line and there you go. Adjust the bottom line as the urgancy to sell elevates. Also, bare in mind spring is coming up.
                              The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Working...
                              X