X

wrong tire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrong tire

Hey guys i ordered the wrong size in the front on accident a (120 60 zr17) will that still be ok for the bike or should I buy the right size and just sell the wrong sized one?

should be fine, it will provide a stiffer ride, and give more road feedback.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

The 60 series will work fine. it will be a little stiffer as far as hitting pot wholes and such. But the tire will work just fine.
      Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
      6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
      5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

thanks alot!

Comment

Shorter sidewall, it'll be ok, but for ME, I'd like the bike to run like it was designed to, I'd get the correct 70 series.
          Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
          '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
          '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
          '11 Kawasaki KLR650
          I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

Run it as-is...
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Its a reason why the bike uses a 120/70 instead of 120/60 get the right size and sell the wrong size
              sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Originally posted by JBLUE View Post
                Its a reason why the bike uses a 120/70 instead of 120/60 get the right size and sell the wrong size

well yeah but that will not hurt at all running it. Many members on here don't run stock tires. Pre98 kat 750s run a 110/80 stock front, and they opt to a 120/70, many run a 160 rear. Also pre98 kat 600s some of them run a 140 and many opt to a 150. Also how many run stock size tires on their cars? Also I am sure suzuki says replace with same tires that came with the bike.
                Last edited by BarMatt80; 02-17-2008, 06:03 PM.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

My bike came stock with a 120/70. THe tire that came with the bike is the only 120/70 that has ever been on the front. I always run a 120/60. I do it because it gets rid of some unsprung rotating weight. They are a tad stifer. so like i sed before you get more feedback and a lil stiffer front end. But its not any big deal.
                  Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles

Comment

it might work but with any modifications it comes with some type of risk
                    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Nahhh, there's no risk.
                      Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
                      '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
                      '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
                      '11 Kawasaki KLR650
                      I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

That's the spirit! -Roll the dice, Baby!
                        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Fox Fader View Post
                          Nahhh, there's no risk.

Thank you for posting this. I wanted to. But really didnt want it to come off like i was being a jerk. Kinda hard to show your intent with a message in a forum. they cant tell if you are being cold harted or asking a genuin question. And Im always trieng to give info or recieve info. never trying to come off as a horses butt. even tho at times it looks like it.
                          Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles

Comment

Originally posted by BarMatt80 View Post
                            Also how many run stock size tires on their cars?
                            I do . But then , I don't wanna put much thought into it , or CARE about the car as much as I do the bike .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Fox Fader View Post
                              Nahhh, there's no risk.
                              +1

Comment

Working...
                              X