X

HID install

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clipity View Post
    No way I loved that bike almost traded my 90 CBR600 for one, the only problem I found was it didn't like taking off at anything under 3000rpm
    I had Termignoni carbon fiber exhausts on it too... I can still hear that bike.

God, I miss it a LOT.
    Originally posted by Nero
    "Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball."
    SUPPORT YOUR FORUM: Buy a KR decal!

MY 2001 600 KATANA - Sold... But never forgotten.

Comment

Wats the output on these hid lights ?? Won't they mess up the alternator cas their sucking too much power??

Comment

WOW dig one up ! At leasr knock the dust off this thread!
        96' Katana 600/750

Comment

Originally posted by Mrtn View Post
          Wats the output on these hid lights ?? Won't they mess up the alternator cas their sucking too much power??

HIDs actually draw less power then a halogen bulb AFTER the ballast has initially fired. They will not affect the hardware of your bike at all.

That said since they can draw 4 times their power consumption at firing you should upgrade and run a seperate relay harness for just the HIDs so as to not fry your stock wiring.
          I am a Penn State fanatic.
          Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

DDmtuning wesbite says 6 amps on startup and a continuous 4 amps during running. As SP said, thats normally less than a standard bulb.
            Originally posted by arsenic
            93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

I think DDM means the warm up of the ballast as the 6amp hit. The initial hit to spark the ballast though is more but it is an instant surge that once ignited goes back to around 6 to warm and less once fully lit

Comment

a freind of mine used a diode to wire his HID set up, so on highbeam he had both HID and the halogen hi beam lights on.
                he has it wired this way on his harly V rod, VFR1200 and chevy PU
                Why?
                he found after longer rides where high beam was being used when he switched back to low beam the delay for the HID lights to come back on bright was to slow. this way instead of switching back and forth all you are doing is adding more light on high beam
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Even on initial start up the HID is on in a split second and more then bright enough to see anything ahead of you. Even on that dim setting it is brighter then a normal halogen IMHO.

A better solution if he was that concerned would be to get the bixenon which just shift the HID to get the beam hieght of the high beam...

Comment

Working...
                  X