X

Hello and Thank You

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and Thank You

I just wanted to say hello to everyone, and thank you for all of the great info. I've been reading like crazy, but I just finally made an account. I am planning to get a 2006 Katana 600, and I figured that I would want to post some questions in the future. I actually have one question right now: I've heard that the Katana is a fairly heavy bike, and I was wondering if it was going to be bad (as in too much power, or hard to control, etc) for my first bike? (Note: I'm 5'10" and only weigh about 150 lbs). I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, and you guys are a little biased, but any opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks again! - Max

A Kat's an excellent choice for a first bike. It's got a great balance of everything.

Did you repost this? Your first post is still here...
    Last edited by Nero; 01-29-2008, 08:57 PM.
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

My first bike was a brand new '04 Kat 600, and it was an excellent bike to learn on (I'm 5'8 and was about 160lbs at the time). One thing to watch for is low speed riding (such as in parking lots). A bike like this is a lot of weight to throw around if you're not used to it. If you don't pay attention to your balancing and leg position when you stop, it'll end up on its side one time or another... and these things are pretty heavy to have to lift by yourself.
      My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

they are heavy to lift. but if you have an adrenaline burst due to embarrassment, the bike comes right back up no sweat.

I still love my Kat.. it is a great bike.
        The only reason I get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

My kitchen is Burgandy. I don't apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
          A Kat's an excellent choice for a first bike. It's got great a great balance of everything.

Did you repost this? Your first post is still here...
          Yea... sorry, I got a little click happy b/c my computer was going slow and I accidentally clicked post again after changing the title...

Comment

As a new rider (just started last July), I too was a little worried about the size of the Kat. I'm your size as well, 5'10" (tall for a female) and find my 2006 750F quite manageable and extremely comfortable. I learned on a Yamaha Virago 250 which was a tad small for my frame so I looked towards a larger bike. It was love at first sight when I saw the Kat and the weight of it has never really been an issue.

If you are worried at all about righting the bike, there is a foolproof method provided in this site if you haven't found it already.

As I live in Ontario, Canada, the snow can't go away soon enough!

You won't regret your decision....Enjoy!

Susan

2006 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by NasKat View Post
              As I live in Ontario, Canada, the snow can't go away soon enough!
              I'm with you on that one!
              My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_750 View Post
                I'm with you on that one!
                2007 Honda CBR600rr
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X