X

Kat 750 VS gsxr 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat 750 VS gsxr 600

I know this has been asked many times, sorry for the repeat, but ive searched it with no success. Anyways on with the question. What will a kat 750 do heads up against a gsxr 600. My intuitions tell me the gsxr would win, but by how much. Im just not really sure on how much of a gap there is. Thanks!
    Air Force

audentes fortuna juvat

Depends on the rider!
    myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

yeah, the GSXR would blow the doors off the Katana, even if a pro rider was on the Katana and a complete idiot was on the GSXR.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
        yeah, the GSXR would blow the doors off the Katana, even if a pro rider was on the Katana and a complete idiot was on the GSXR.
        Yea right........

Slow Rider on a fast bike is still a slow rider
        Fast rider on a slow bike is still a fast rider

Now if you are talking same rider on both bikes, obviously the Gix6 wins.
        Bike vs. Bike = tie cuz neither is even gonna move without a rider.
        Last edited by lucifers_ride; 01-14-2008, 10:46 PM.
        '07 SV1000S
        Power Commander III USB
        M4/Yosh Ti Full Race Exhaust
        Driven 520 chain kit
        Spiegler SS Brake & Clutch lines

Comment

Well actually, I was up against a buddy of mine who owned a Ninja 600. From dead stop to around 80-90 I had him, after that he would start to pull away, slowly I might add. Now my bike is not stock by any means, but neither was his. Now I know the Ninja is not a Gixxer, but still a very fast bike.

D
          Foolish men search the earth for worldly masters, not realizing that their own mind is the master.

Comment

I can't say about the GSXR600 although i have rode a fairly new one I never lined my bike up against it. The new GSXR600 feels FAST

However my friend rides an 99 R6. He's about 5'9" maybe 210lbs.
            It is quicker and faster I won't deny that. But it's not that much faster. I have no problem keeping up with my 750. I'm 5'7" 168lbs. A few times on the highways he drops it a gear and takes off. When he does this he gets the jump on me, but up to 190kph he only puts a few bike lenghts between us. I could easily lob a stone the distance he puts between us after a 1/4 mile. Even he was shocked my heavy sled could keep up because it feels lazy compared to his shorter geared lighter R6. If I get the jump on him it takes a fair distance for him to get in front of me.

After 190kph he pulls away a reasonable amount but up to that I can hang with him.

He claims his piped and jetted R6 has about 120 hp and will top out at 260ish (160 ish MPH) putting it only about 20kph faster then I have had my bike @ 240kph (149mph). The difference is just how long it takes my bike to get up to that speed after I hit 220kph, The last few rpms are a lot harder to pull on the kat.
            Last edited by hardlydangerous; 01-15-2008, 01:40 AM.
            98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I'd like to test this one . I have a friend with a slightly older GSXR6 (Gsxrad , I think ) . I can still pretty much lose him on a tight enough road if I'm REALLY trying . I wonder if he'd let me take HIS for a spin , and maybe do a couple side-by-side pulls just to see . We never have done that , and he's had the bike for over a year ...
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I had an '06 GSXR600 and a '06 KAT 750 at the same time ( last year ). The gsxr has a quicker throttle response from the FI. The gsxr will beat the Kat, but not get blown away. My friend also has an '04 gsxr 600. We got after it a few times, and he can't pull away from me. He has been riding 10+ years more than me.
                myspace
                2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

i'm far from any kind of expert, but i've noticed that an expert rider makes a huge difference, especially with those limited bike variances
                  Straight up is boring, on your side hurts... it's best somewhere in between.

Comment

I can vouch for an 06 Kat 750 heads up against an 04 GSXR 750. I can blast ahead in the first 3 gears, then the GSXR overtakes and whips way ahead - but my Kat is bone stock, and the GSXR has a power commander and a pipe plus better tires. Guess it just depends on all factors, can't tell you how many sport bikers were amazed at just how capable the kat truly is.:smt006
                    2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                    2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by diavolo View Post
                      I can vouch for an 06 Kat 750 heads up against an 04 GSXR 750. I can blast ahead in the first 3 gears, then the GSXR overtakes and whips way ahead - but my Kat is bone stock, and the GSXR has a power commander and a pipe plus better tires. Guess it just depends on all factors, can't tell you how many sport bikers were amazed at just how capable the kat truly is.:smt006
                      or at how incapable the Gix rider was

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Actually a fair rider Chinto, just hard to keep those GSXR's from wheel standing - not a problem with the Kat - although she will skim on a real hard launch.
                        2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                        2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by diavolo View Post
                          Actually a fair rider Chinto, just hard to keep those GSXR's from wheel standing - not a problem with the Kat - although she will skim on a real hard launch.
                          GSXR's are not that hard to keep the wheel on the ground. OK I shouldn't say that, they are not hard to keep the front end under control.
                          '07 SV1000S
                          Power Commander III USB
                          M4/Yosh Ti Full Race Exhaust
                          Driven 520 chain kit
                          Spiegler SS Brake & Clutch lines

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
                            Depends on the rider!
                            i agree with mat0302. i was stoped at a light with a gsxr 600 and i kept right up with him and he then shut it down at around 100mph and i keep on going til about 130.. ya he proble could have had me but im a hell of alot more crazy them him i guess

thats proble why i dont have a busa YET!!!!
                            02 Suzuki Katana 750
                            05 Suzuki Boulevard C 50

If i wanted to hear an a$$hole i would just fart!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info!
                              Air Force

audentes fortuna juvat

Comment

Working...
                              X