X

Lower fairings--Is this all I need?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower fairings--Is this all I need?

My bike is missing the lower part of the fairings as you can see pictured below. Would the parts below be all I need or am I still missing mounting brackets or anything?

My bike:

and the parts I am considering buying, is this all I need to get them to mount up?

www.WVstreets.com

looks like everything is there :

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

It looks to me like the belly pan was removed to accommodate the 4-into-1 header on your bike.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

so the lower fairings will not fit now because of the header?

www.WVstreets.com

Comment

didn't notice that Steve, but i think your right. I actually cut my lowers for clearance when I was running a gixxer 750 4-1 Yosh. Since going back to the stock duals I have a new belly pan that has been painted up but needs to be installed.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by mrphotoman View Post
            so the lower fairings will not fit now because of the header?
            I'm not sure, but that's my guess as to why it was removed.

I trimmed up the pan a bit on mine to fit it... but you might not be so lucky.

Oh, and if you do get that belly pan... there should be one or two metal brackets that go with it too... can't remember how many,
            Last edited by steves; 12-24-2007, 03:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I think it may look bad with the lowers on, the "hump" in the fairing is chopped out, and it may look out of place after they are installed. And, there is an extra hole, by where the headers go in.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

So I can not mount the fairing without the belly pan?

I may just not screw with it and leave it how it is. Thanks for the info!

www.WVstreets.com

Comment

Nice Kat!
                  "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                  JOHN 16:33

Comment

There are 2 brackets up front that come out from the frame and kinda round the headers . The rest of the bolts go either into the frame , or into a clip along with the upper . Someone ALSO has chopped your fairings a bit , too .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                      There are 2 brackets up front that come out from the frame and kinda round the headers . The rest of the bolts go either into the frame , or into a clip along with the upper . Someone ALSO has chopped your fairings a bit , too .
                      yeah he changed the looks on it a bit, i may just leave it as is. i think it looks fine.

thanks

www.WVstreets.com

Comment

Working...
                      X