X

which one to buy 600 or 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which one to buy 600 or 750

I'm new to the sport bike scene. I currently have a cruiser but i want more of a sport feel. I was just recently in my local suzuki shop and i told the salesman what i was looking for and he pointed me straight to the katana. He said this was the last year their going to make them and that they had it marked down. I sat on the bike and fell in love with it. It was so comfortable. My only problem is ive never ridden a a kat before so im not sure which one to buy. Is the 750 a more noticeable powerful bike. Im 6'4 215 so im a larger guy. Well their selling the 600 for 4499.00 and the 750 for 5399.00 thats about 900.00 difference. Is the extra 900.00 for the kat 600 worth it? Any help would be greatly apreciated im looking to pick up the kat tonight.
    Black always looks better

Originally posted by FAST851 View Post
    I'm new to the sport bike scene. I currently have a cruiser but i want more of a sport feel. I was just recently in my local suzuki shop and i told the salesman what i was looking for and he pointed me straight to the katana. He said this was the last year their going to make them and that they had it marked down. I sat on the bike and fell in love with it. It was so comfortable. My only problem is ive never ridden a a kat before so im not sure which one to buy. Is the 750 a more noticeable powerful bike. Im 6'4 215 so im a larger guy. Well their selling the 600 for 4499.00 and the 750 for 5399.00 thats about 900.00 difference. Is the extra 900.00 for the kat 600 worth it? Any help would be greatly apreciated im looking to pick up the kat tonight.
    offer him 4900.00 for the 750.

even if you got the 600 and spent 900 in extras the 750 will still be quicker. How long have you been riding? If it is more than a year you will not be overwhelmed with power by choosing the 750. At your size and weight the extra power (really not needed) will be a nice to have. Especially if you do any 2 up riding.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I just bought a 2004 600 and unfortunately I'm 6'0 and 240 (240 on a good day), and the 600 is plenty, although I agree 2 up the 750 would be nice. I agree about offering 4900/5000 and see what happens
      '04 600 GSXF

"Hope for the best, but expect the worst. You will always be prepared, and never disappointed."
      ME.

Comment

You may want to look into your insurance costs. Many insurance companies charge less for bikes with 600 cc's or less. It is a longer term cost that you might want to consider.

Comment

I've got a buddy who is kicking himself for getting the 600 instead of the 750. The cost is minimal (aside from possible insurance expenses) so I would suggest the 750. So would he now that he's ridden mine!
          -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
          -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

Originally posted by mharrison View Post
            I've got a buddy who is kicking himself for getting the 600 instead of the 750. The cost is minimal (aside from possible insurance expenses) so I would suggest the 750. So would he now that he's ridden mine!

the difference in insurance cost will likely be minimal as well.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Buy a 600 and a B12 engine and you'll be faster than a 750

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel View Post
                Buy a 600 and a B12 engine and you'll be faster than a 750
                this is true

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I did get insurance costs

I checked on insurance for the 750 it only is 27.00 for full coverage 100.00 deductible on comp and collision . so insurance isnt an issue at this point just making sure i get the right bike. just wasnt sure if the 600 is close to the same power as the 750
                  Black always looks better

Comment

Test ride them both. That is the best way to decide.
                    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                    JOHN 16:33

Comment

you will regret getting the 600...you are not new to riding....they are pretty much the same bike, but the 750 has a little more pep, and it is more noticable at the upper end of the spectrum.

Comment

A new 600 is 900 dollar cheaper than a 750.
                        Just wondering how much would a brandnew engine sell for on Fleabay?
                        According to posts I read here a mint B12 engine goes for 1000 buck?
                        Guess my joke was a serious comment

Comment

Go with the 750, it has about 25 more HP. What type of cruiser? Either bike should be quicker than most cruisers out there.

Comment

As a bigger guy myself, I would lean more toward the inches ... in other words go with the 750.

Need a respose to this question. I have ridden a post 98 600, is the difference in the power that much more in the 750 ?

I've ridden a pre 600 that was set up just right as far as jetting being matched up to the V & H exhaust and it felt more responsive and stronger than the post 600 which was bone stock. All he had on there was exhaust system (vance & hines) and a Dyno-jet one stage. Anybody else want to weigh in on that ?
                            The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Everybody touched on the power differences, but nobody touched the riding position differences.

If you want a sportier riding position go for the 600. if you want a little bit more upright position got for the 750. The 750 has 1" (1 1/2" ) risers built into the upper tree, and different pegs (I'm pretty sure they are also lower a little bit). Just something else to chew on. And as far as I've heard (never ridden both), the power differences between the two isn't much to write home about. Just a little extra grunt down low. But I do agree and say try and offer a couple hundred lower no matter which one you choose.

Comment

Working...
                              X