X

Got pulled over this morning!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got pulled over this morning!

Was on my way to work at about 7:45am on the Fortbend tollway here in Houston. As I was coming up to the EZ pass lane I saw the officer sitting at the side of the road and slowed down to 45mph (no cages slowd down at all). He must have seen me coming because he pulled thru the toll plaza and waited for me on the other side. Sure enough as I pass thru he flips on his lights and pulls me over. I pulled over turned off my bike and stood beside it as he ran my plate. He comes over in about one minute and asks if my name is Chris( it is). The he said the light came on as I passed thru the EZ pass lane. I showed him my Toll Tag in the clear map prtion of my tank bag and he said OK. He recommended that I put the tag on my bike somwhere conspicuious on my bike so he could see it if it did not read and I would not be pulled over. I said OK and we were done. All in all it only lasted about 5min and the officer was very nice. Where do other people put there toll tag? and does it normally read? In my tank bag it only reads about 50% of the time.
    Current: 1992 Katana 750
    Sold: 2001 Shadow 750

I have yet to use it on the bike. Can you slow down to a stop to make sure it reads? I know some lanes are full speed but here there are the pay or pass lanes where you can make sure it reads.

Nice to hear about the officer being professional.
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

I go thru the easy pass lanes because you do not hve to slow down. The other lanes have huge lines in the morning. This was the first time I had this problem. I think the officer was watching for people running it, especially motorcycles. At kleast the officer was nice and did not keep me long.

Comment

I think it is NY that makes one specifically for bikes, and it supposed to be more powerful. You should be able to get it regardless of where you live. I have heard that with that one, people are able to get it to read from underneath the back seat.

The other option is something like the JJ Cycle Pass: http://www.jjcyclepass.com/index.htm

Myself, I try to stick to surface roads on the bike.

Oh, yeah, and in a pinch, I can throw it in with the shoulder pad of my jacket and it will pick up just fine.
        Last edited by thetable; 11-01-2007, 02:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

check out twistedthrottle.com for a handlebar mounted pass holder:

and twinkie dispensers:

not sure what the obsession with twinkies is... zingers are WAY better!
          1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

Cream-filled, chocolate Hostess Cupcakes! The ONLY way to go!
            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Houston gives a special one for bikes but I don't think it any stronger.

Comment

mines on my windscreen .. bar side center .. and it doesnt always read .. i just dont worry about it
                so many roads so little time

Comment

What's a toll tag???
                  Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

What's a toll tag???
                    some areas of the country have through ways and bridges (that are probably paid off by now but they insist) you pay $.75 or $1 to cross, drive each way. since it is such a regular deal for a lot of commuters, you can buy an electronic device instead of paying an attendant or putting money in a bin

it is a ridiculous waste of time and police like to vulture around for people who go before the green light comes on
                    1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

The JJCyclePass mirror mount looks pretty good. However, until I had another problem, I'd just leave it where it is.
                      -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
                      -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

Most people I know in Houston just velcro it on behind shield.
                        2007 Honda CBR600rr
                        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                        sigpic

Comment

If it doesn't read 50% aren't you worried about the plaza photographing your plate and mailing your ticket?

Comment

Originally posted by Genkenx2 View Post
                            If it doesn't read 50% aren't you worried about the plaza photographing your plate and mailing your ticket?
                            No, because they check the plate to see if an EZ Tag is registered to it.

However, if you try moving your tag from one vehicle to another they will notify you that you must get a tag for each vehicle. You can not just move it from one to another. It is registered to that specific plate.
                            2007 Honda CBR600rr
                            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                            sigpic

Comment

Sounds like the fast trak device on cars here in CA, but from what I understand here is that Motorcycles are free on the toll roads anyways...at least that was my understanding...
                              Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Working...
                              X