X

Too Cold, Kat doesnt wanna go outside and play

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Cold, Kat doesnt wanna go outside and play

I got up early a couple of mornings ago to go to work and i tried for 30mins to get the kat started, all it was just turn over and turn over and turn over...... well i caught a ride to work from a neighbor and then walked home, well i left the kat on res. while i was gone and when i got home she fired right up i let her run for about 10mins to recharge the battery cause i just about killed it that morning, well i turned it off waited a couple of hours and fired her back up, put my gear on and was going to go get gas cause she was really empty, well i got down the drive way put it in gear and hit the throttle and she died, tried to start her again.... nothing.... moved her up into the garage again, took a break, came back out she fired back up again, hit the throttle and she died, tried again for another 15 mins, now i have a dead battery and Kat that apparently doesnt want to play anymore.......... any ideas????????????
    sigpic
    Sgt of Marines
    2003 GSX-R 600

Too cold in Fresno?

Comment

Well when you are used to 100+ degrees, a 40 degree night will shock you
      sigpic
      Sgt of Marines
      2003 GSX-R 600

Comment

you may need to do a carb cleaning, float adjustment, and synching. Make sure your plugs are good and your choke is working properly.
        1996 SUZUKI
        KATANA 600F

Comment

My kat started in sub 40 degree weather. Believe it or not we do see the 30's at times here in Florida.
          Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
          18v Rigid Drill
          Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
          New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

We've had upper 30s in the mornings this week in Seattle and it takes a couple of tries, but then it starts right up.
            00 Katana 750

Comment

Was it running well enough before ?
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

are you sure you're not completely out of gas? or maybe you got some trash in the carbs from it getting that low.

Comment

Didja try moving to prime for a minute before starting?
                  THE DOC
                  RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                  Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                  mistake when you make it again.
                  sigpic

Comment

leting her run at idol for about 10mins could have fouled the plugs.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Guess mine is used to it, fires right up in sub-40's without choke.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Just had carbs rebuilt about 1000miles ago, yes i put it on prime for 30 secs and nothing, and no i am not completely outta gas i still have some in there. And it was running fine the night before.....
                        sigpic
                        Sgt of Marines
                        2003 GSX-R 600

Comment

Working...
                        X