X

Fender Elimanator / Intergrated tail light Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Elimanator / Intergrated tail light Question

Dose anyone make a Fender Elimination kit and Intergrated tail light for the 2001 Kat

Thanks
    Die Living, rather than live dying

I think the only fender eliminator and integrated tail light kits are made for 2003+ kats. That's why I swapped my rear tail out for the 03+, I have an integrated turn signal from clear alternatives. You don't really need a fender eliminator kit though you can just chop the shovel off your rear fender and use some brackets to mount your license plate and turn signals

2002 Katana 600
    1999 Ford F150

Comment

u got a pic of that integrate tail light? i've been contemplating getting one.
      06' Zuki Katana 750
      Vance and Hines Slip-On

Comment

Originally posted by GabeC
        u got a pic of that integrate tail light? i've been contemplating getting one.
        Here is a pic of my '06 600. I'm also sporting the Artfibras undertail. The Tail light is the integrated clear lens from Clear Alternatives. You should note that this is the exact same light that goes on the 'Busa so don't be surprised when you see the same model #'s.
        Attached Files
        I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

sigpic

Comment

Here's a video of mine in action so you can see what it looks like. It also shows the leds I added as turn signals on my passenger footpeg brackets. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwhL-ESRXeI

2002 Katana 600
          1999 Ford F150

Comment

Originally posted by Brian_M
            Here's a video of mine in action so you can see what it looks like. It also shows the leds I added as turn signals on my passenger footpeg brackets. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwhL-ESRXeI
            I like those LED's on the footpegs. I may have to borrow (ok steal ) that idea over the winter. My only complaint about the integrated taillight is the lack of separation between the turnsignal lights (they are too close to the centre line of the bike). I guess I should have known this going in but I'd still like to draw more attention to my intended turns so the idiot behind me doesn't hit me.
            I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

sigpic

Comment

Brian

How tough was it to switch the tail over to the newer style?

Thanks, Tony
              Die Living, rather than live dying

Comment

It wasn't hard at all, I bought a used tail fairing off of ebay for $50, got a stock tail light that included the mounting bracket and wiring harness off of ebay also and I bought a seat lock cable from www.ronayers.com because the 03+ cables are longer. I think overall it ran about $100 then I painted it along with the rest of my bike.

2002 Katana 600
                1999 Ford F150

Comment

Working...
                X