X

Smell raw gas at idle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smell raw gas at idle

I had a prvious post about the engine sputtering when I take off up a hill. Well now its when ever I take off, plus I smell alot of unburned gas at an idle, along with the fact that the engine sounds like its missing, especially when I take off until around 3000 rpm, then its smooth out with plenty of power. Does anyone have an idea what this might be.

you are getting too much gas somewhere. it is too rich. could be a bad float or the needle valve could be sticking. my suggestion would be to remove the carbs and clean out the float bowls and the needle valve. you might want to make sure the floats are set at the right height as well.
    the sputtering is because you are getting to much gas for it to fire cleanly at slow speeds and idle. you might "think" it is running fine at higher speeds, but chances are it is still running rich.

do a cleaning without making any adjustments to start. it sounds more like crap in your carbs than a bad carb adjustment.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

you might also want to have a look in your airbox. you know...see if you have any gas coming back that way.

btw....I am guessing here. a somewhat educated guess, but a guess none the less.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

And pull your plugs . If it's that rich , they will likely need brushing off . Plus it could give you some clues .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
        X