X

looking for a new bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a new bike

I currently have an old yamaha cruiser. It was my first bike and I have had it for a little over a year. I was wanting to get something that was a street bike. Katana looks like something I could afford and enjoy. Anyone have any inside about switching from a cruiser to a sportbike?

I have owned cruisers in past and found the switch to the Katana an easy transition. The Katana is well mannered like the cruisers but the handling is much better and if you go with the 750 which has the higher handle bars it is almost a comfy on extended rides as well. There are a lot of good choices for luggage for the Kat and in many cases better options than you can find for most cruisers.

I have had my Kat for almost over 4 months now riding it everyday to work and back. No complaints yet.

Hope this helps
    If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

went from a cruiser to the Kat in July. Love the Kat and I do not think that I will ever go back. The Kat is quicker and ahndles better, but not as unforgiving as some of the true sport bikes.
      I like the higher seating position (Kat = 31 inches Shadow = 26 inches) I feel like I can see more of the road being at eye level with other vehicles.

My 750 is fine on long trips.
      The main thing that I had to get used to was the engine. It is more responsive than the cruiser. It also took some getting used to with the power range. The Kat (or most non-vtwins) has power much higher RPM's than the cruiser. Where the cruiser starts to wind out is where this bike comes to life.

Comment

I went from "an old Yamaha cruiser" (Virago 750 dresser to be specific) to a Kat 750 . Yeah , I liked it WAY more . The Virago was cool (when it'd start ) , but the Kat was WAY more fun to ride . Now I'm trying to turn the Katana into a dresser so I can carry as many groceries as the Virago did .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
        X