X

Need opinions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need opinions?

Ok I need opinions? I am trying to come up with a way to make my single projector light look good from all angles. Here are some pics of my bike as of 9:30 tonight. Give me your opinions of the light? and possible fixes if you have any complaints?

The light is as high as it is in the fairing due to the mounting bracket and light bucket clearance. I couldnt go with a smaller light because I wanted the DOT stamp in the light housing. That way it will take a lot more for a cop to gripe at me for the light not being legal or anything.

Guess I should give a rundown of whats going on since the bike looks like hell at the moment. And im sure some of you are curious since it was an 05 GSXR 1000 in the pictures.

My sig has the post with the original revamp to make it red and black. Well the friday after I got home from the gap I had sun in my eyes and hit a car on a buisy road. 25 mph and 5k in damage. SO im having to rebuild the bike. With mostly insurance money. Well thats all been spent in the bike. but its getting quite a bit more. Here is the list of what is getting done from the link in my sig to now.

Full catalist racing bodywork with +6 tail section.
    Uppers are getting modified for the headlight and fiberglass added for cosmetics by the knees (Im working on that now). Lowers are gettign modified around the kickstand so It looks like a factory piece. +6 tail is getting modified so the hump of the tail starts right after my butt. Start on that this weekend I hope.
    Clearalternatives smoke tail light with integrated signals.
    Race front fairing stay with batterie box built in.
    Single projector headlight out of a buell xb9 firebolt
    Machine Works racing .5" offset billet tripple clamps
    Tank is getting lowered 2" for drag purposes (Dad is working on that one now),
    New design custome seat that I will make after tank and tail are done.
    All ready had put a Billit quick access clutch cover on.
    Woodcraft billit stator cover
    Woodcraft 3 piece clipons
    Vortex rearsets
    AP racing rear thumb brake
    10" over TracDynamics swing arm with wheelbase set at 62"(6" longer than stock)
    Custome passenger portion of subframe to move the passenger seat 5" forward and add bracing for the +6 tail

Yes I drag race. that is why my bike is like it is. Im not a guy that has it like this just for looks. its all there for function (Well some things are for looks. but not much). I pulled a 35lb ballest off the front that ive had for 2 years to help keep the front down. It was well worth the time it took for me to design and make.
    Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
    6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
    5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Hey BD, like what you're doing with the Gix (and sounds like you got some pretty trick parts on it).

FWIW I think if you can get the front of the fairing (under the light) a bit pointier to follow the lines of the upper part it would look better from the side (??). Hope that makes sense....

Anyway, have a look at this thread from Oz:

He's got a list of parts and weight savings about half way down the page - might give you a few more ideas.

Noice work!

Comment

My problem is how to get it pointy and not have a hump from the light? thats got me stumped? idk tho. thinking bout resessing the light in the fairing and covering it. but then im afraid of clearance issues with the batt box that is below my dash. ill look at it some more. But you had the same issue i have with it. i just didnt want to say anything till someone else braught it up.

As for the 01-02 gix. that is some mad work. lol. But im going more in the dragrace/ dailydriver rute. not the ultra light rute. i have to remember how many miles i actually ride in the year.
      Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
      6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
      5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Working...
      X