X

Aftermarket pipe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket pipe

I have been fighting the temptation but I can no longer resist the urge to buy an aftermarket muffler. I don’t want to be loud I just love the sound they produce. This winter I plan to remove the headers and remove the weld buildup and I am considering buying an aftermarket slip on. What kind do you recommend and do I need to re jet my carbs. I would prefer to keep the Carbs stock.

Thanks in advance and as I usually do, I will actually take the advice I am given.
    Forgiveness is what defines us. For without forgiveness, humans would have annihilated themselves with endless retributions.

2004 600 Kat

Billet Aluminum frame clamps and custom delrin sliders for 98+ Kats
    http://www.burley1.ca

you don't need to jet the carbs if you only put a slip on muffler.

Comment

my D&D is loud..

Comment

Two Brothers Racing, just awesome.

Comment

Check the How to and FAQ's section. Listen to the wave files and you can get a idea of what you like.

I am sure you will find one that is quiet enough for your taste.

Loud pipes save lives! I have a Leo Vince SBK slip on and I pulled the packing out. Everyone around knows I am on the road.
          If it has a engine and goes fast I want one.

2005 600 Kat

2003 KX65

2000 Yamaha Mountain Max 700 triple

1986 Honda ATC250R

Comment

I recently purchased a Yoshimura pipe. It's louder than stock but not extremely loud. Some say it sounds "tuned", I couldn't fully understand what they meant until I got my pipe. If you don't want to be loud avoid D&D, they are really loud but also cheaper priced than other pipes. Check out the exhaust forum.
            SFC Smith US Army Iraqi War Veteran.
            Honda 919 Rider

Comment

my m4 is throaty .. dont really consider it overly loud .. i did end up with the lean mixture problem which the dealer says i need to rejet for but our resident expert (arsenic13) says i can just richen up my mixture to fix .. unless the aftermarket keeps the exact same flow you will most likely run into the same .. im not an expert by any means .. hell if not for this site i would be like most first time riders .. clueless .. but i read and try to learn .. hope this helps a bit .. but i do agree with lashcat ..being heard out there is a potential lifesaver
              so many roads so little time

Comment

I like my vance&hines it sound deep.

Comment

i am either getting a d&d or two brothers
                  06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

i love my yoshi. it sounds awesome when you are hammering and purs when your not.

Comment

I would not give up my Scorpion. The only can that requires no re-pack and the best warranty out there. It is loud but not D & D loud.
                      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                      JOHN 16:33

Comment

D&D vs. TBR is not even a comparison, get the TBR

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier
                          I would not give up my Scorpion. The only can that requires no re-pack and the best warranty out there. It is loud but not D & D loud.
                          +1 i love mine

Comment

Working...
                          X