No announcement yet.
X

got laughed at today for weird reasons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm about to turn 6000 miles in less than 3 months on my 06 750. I ride mine all the time.....

It only took me a few days to put the first 600 on it.
    Black IS the fastest color!

Comment

same here...glad to have put 12k miles on my r1 since I got it 10 months ago... and probably responsible for a about 2 of the 6k thats on my wifes 07 kawasaki....

that's about 14k in a year.... not bad for a 2nd year rider...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

I bought my 99 with under 7000 miles about a year ago and it has 16,000 on it already . I drive my Bronco maybe once a week now only if it rains or I can't fit something on the Kat. The guy was a tool to give you crap about actually riding your bike .
        Mind over matter , if you don't mind it doesn't matter

Comment

The guy sounds like a half-empty tool box to me... Doesn't sound like he rides; doesn't sound like he sells very much either. Sales is about the product, sure. But, it's also about trusting and liking your salesman. You can have the best in town, but if yer an A$$#ole; I'll go to the next town over if i have to... you won't get my business.

If you do go back there to buy, seriously... if he shows up with the "can I help you" BS, in the loudest voice you have (short of yelling), say, "Yes you can. Can you go find me another salesman? You're a douche-bag."
          "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

i rack up 40k (miles) a year on my bikes.. i always laugh at clowns who barely ride their bikes... however, im there are people out there that dont want to bring up miles on their bikes, as i then buy it from them for a $5k discount over new, and with less then 5k miles on the clock...just run in!

cheers.joe.

Comment

I like to ride- I have to go places- why not leave the car at home. You don't need to be Aristotle to make a logical conclusion out of that.

Comment

I like to see people that do not ride their bikes. Makes for a good deal for me.
                When I got the shadow this year (now my wifes bike) it had <4000 miles on it and was a 2003. Barely broken in and half the price of a new one.

Comment

I would have nicely told him where to go
                  2007 Honda CBR600rr
                  2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                  sigpic

Comment

Ya. they all love me at my shop. give me crap all the time for having 47k on an 05 gixxer 1k. idk. Like you sed. I baught it to ride. why pay for it if it is just going to sit there and collect dust.
                    Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                    6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                    5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

pretty much every day here is a great day to ride.

But the roads are the worst in the US.

Kinda of a YingYang thing going on here in the islands

DC Born..Maryland Bred

I will never be forgotten. I will only fade as time goes on from your consious thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagin
                        But the roads are the worst in the US.
                        You obviously have never seen the roads in Detroit area.
                        2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

or PENNSYLVANIA.... the POT HOLE state...

-john
                          BT

Comment

Originally posted by BT

-john
                            BT
                            Yes, I would have to agree with you. Penn. is the worst state in the country for terrible roads. There always seems like never ending construction on the highways. They do not know how to build highways there and they are too cheap to do it right. There are potholes there the size of small cars.
                            2007 Honda CBR600rr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp
                              Originally posted by BT

-john
                              BT
                              Yes, I would have to agree with you. Penn. is the worst state in the country for terrible roads. There always seems like never ending construction on the highways. They do not know how to build highways there and they are too cheap to do it right. There are potholes there the size of small cars.
                              I don't know about all that... I suppose that they have not put enough into infrastructure in the last 50 years that they should. But, by the same token, there's a reason they call it the "Keystone State" - you can't really get East to West, North to South, or vice versa without traveling through PA.

There's I-80, 78, 81, 70, 76, 380, 95, 99, 180, 84, 476 and 79. Only two of those roads are tolled. That's nearly 1,800 miles of interstate highway; nearly 120,000 miles of public roads, with 22,000 road bridges. We have a huge trucking (over 71,000 heavy tractor rigs) and warehousing industry in the state, and a lackluster mass transit system.

Fuel taxes in PA are about the highest in the nation and we dedicate funding streams from all different directions to ensure that the money taken in is spent on improvements and maintenance of the roads. Yet, to keep up with the needs that many miles of an aging infrastructure, we're talking about billions of dollars in new money.

Find me a legislator who is willing to toll an interstate or increase taxes on their own constituency and I'll show you a person who could be looking for a new job at the end of their current term of office... We're going thru this very thing right now. Tolling of I-80 and restructuring of the Turnpike in order to infuse huge money into both mass transit and road/bridge improvements.

It's the old saying - everybody wants to go to Heaven, nobody wants to die...
                              "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Working...
                              X