Hayabusa VS KAT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will take the cars in the background, I am just down the road from you

Congrats on the busa!

We always are concerned with a newbie (so to speak) getting the most powerful, fastest and hottest bike out there. Always use your brain!! not the little one either

Like many have said and we all will say for the most part, don't let your friends push you above your riding level.

word of advice, it isn't about skeered, looking cool, peer pressure. it is about respect for the machine and the Hayabusa is one powerful machine that demands respect.
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by ThAzKat
      I will take the cars in the background, I am just down the road from you

Congrats on the busa!

We always are concerned with a newbie (so to speak) getting the most powerful, fastest and hottest bike out there. Always use your brain!! not the little one either

Like many have said and we all will say for the most part, don't let your friends push you above your riding level.

word of advice, it isn't about skeered, looking cool, peer pressure. it is about respect for the machine and the Hayabusa is one powerful machine that demands respect.
      He's right...and he knows what he's talking about, look at his avitar!

(just kiddin ya bro...:P)

Comment

Welcome to the club!

A few notes for you:
        Until you become comfortable with riding, especially riding this bike, make sure you have lots of straight, unpopulated road if you choose to pin it. Things come at you in a hurry. And when I mean "comfortable" I mean that your riding inputs are instinctual and habitual. You don't think about what you're going to do in a situation, you just do it. For me, it took about a year to get to that comfort zone. Things you can do on other bikes you just can't do with a Busa, ZX14 or even a big Kat. Evasive and emergency situations are different on a big bike. Give yourself lot's of time to learn those lessons.

Not sure how tall you are and what your wingspan is, but, the Busa tank is built to tuck. With a Busa you don't "lay" on the tank, it's more of a "hug". I love leaning into the tank (I'm 5' 9" but have long arms). Takes so much pressure off of the wrists. Plus, you really want to get as much of you upper torso behind the windscreen because at triple-digits the second you break that bubble by an inch or two you'll be surprised to see just how much protection it gives you.

The bike does feel lighter than it should be. It's much better balanced than your Kat and you sit lower on the bike. The weight, balance and handling all work together to give you a ultra solid feel, at speed. THAT, to me, makes a Busa, and the 14 off limits for new or returning riders and especially "indestructible" kids.

40 feels like 40
        60 feels like 40
        100 feels like 50

The speed is deceptive. Check the speedo frequently because it'll be hard to judge speed by engine sound.

You said you were frustrated by the 6500RPM power band. Well you solved that problem. At 6300 rpm there is an unGodly kick. It's nice to have that hump back there.

Enjoy the ride, ride safe, and remember:
        No matter how fast you go, sooner or later you're going to have to turn.
        sigpic

Comment

NIce - but they are kit cars - not the real deal if im not mistaken by the picture up top

Comment

yeah, not to change topic... but are those lambo's and ferrari kits on a Pontiac Fiero chassis ? so they may have the 2m6 fiero v6 in em?

-john
            BT

Comment

They do lok like like kits to me, but still cool looking.

As for the Busa....I just upgraded to a Busa a couple of months ago myself. It seems to me that you have a pretty level head and are approaching the new power with caution. Keep doing so and you'll be fine.

I found that the kat was a great lead in to the busa. I rode my kat for 9 or 10 years and was very comfortable with the handling and ergonomics of the bike. When I was contemplating the jump to the busa the thing intimidated the hell out of me. After a couple of rides, it didn't take long to realize that this machine is awesome. Take it easy on the throttle and the bike will treat you right.

personally I do think that your into too big of a bike too soon, but hey what do i know. ride smart and spend as much time in the saddle as you can. get to know the machine and ride within your own limitations not the bikes.

nice lookin ride by the way.

cheers

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

the best thing about a katana I believe, is the learning curve it provides. The weight of a heavy bike, with just enough power, and when you switch to almost anything else- if you pushed the heavy kat to its limits, the bigger/faster/lighter bikes seem like cruise missles, pretty much aim and flick. NICE FREAKIN CAR COLLECTION! - do you have a stable of women you care to post also! j/k (well sorta, post away!)

congrats! I got a rc51 last month, and love every second on it!
                99 Kat 6: hindle header+ carbon cannon, rear ohlins adjusty, K&N dirt mask, super jetted and flashy dyno'd, fiber-lyte pretty dash, carbon heel kicky guards, super cool solo cowl/second look seat skin combo ANNND the 520 chain conversion, super secrect perfect sprocket combo - some wicked pilot sport cup rubbers,NRC racing engine covers, fender elim kit --- any questions? FOR SALE $$$$$$$

Comment

Just by reading a couple of posts,,you should get back on the scooter and ride the shit out of it and let that bite you in the ass...the Kat will hurt.. You certainly need to respect what your riding. I dont mean to come off as a doo-gooder or mr. safety for I am not, but I know what it means to be kicked in the ass by a bike and it hurts..You dont need to be on a gsxr1300 for a long time.. take care dude..

Comment

Man, enjoy your Busa you seem to know what your getting into... hopefully... just remember to control that throttle.
                    We intimidate those who intimidate others.
                    Stay Alert! Stay Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
                      40 feels like 40
                      60 feels like 40
                      100 feels like 50
                      Right you are

2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

looks like that tank bag on the new Busa is holding on for dear life.........
                        I will pray for you man, good luck.
                        The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.

From Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Comment

Anyone talked to this guy, seems he disappeared 4 days after getting the Busa...
                          Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
                            Kat? Busa? Sport touring? How 'bout all three? Presenting...

the 1988 Katana 1100. The Busa of it's day- with 137 hp, stock, and some good mods, perhaps it could give a Busa a run for it's money.

Probably not.
                            20 yrs of suspension and chassis technology....... although a squid on a Busa will get spanked by a moderately good rider on a Kat on any sort of twisty road, too much power gets you in trouble real quick
                            Busa 173 bhp for 'old' one; claimed 195 for new 08 (although Suzuki downrated it a bit as most are getting 197~198 bhp)
                            I'm not a complete idiot, but I'm working on it.
                            There are three types of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
                              If you were to get a 'Busa (or any big bore bike) without the riding experience most people will say you should have, there is one thing you MUST have. It is called RESTRAINT! A big bore bike like the Busa will gain speed so effortlessly that you can get into serious trouble very quickly (and im not talking trouble with the law).
                              I agree totally with sasqautch. I know people who have gotten a busa as their first bike, and they were fine. No big ego, or "hey im bad cause I gots a busa". They just rode it with respect and were 100% fine. Now I have known of others who got a busa and it was wrecked in a week. Its all in your right hand. You take it easy, ride with smarts and you will be fine!!!!!
                              Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Koori25 View Post
                                I agree with Katana Bob. We're talking about a 600/750cc motor vs. a 1300cc engine. That's like going from a Corvette to an F1 car.. They are completely different animals.

I might be outta line here but this whole thread seems to have some squidly-ness to it.
                                ya because your here eric

Comment

Working...
                                X