I Was Gonna Be A Nice Guy And Tell Everyone About Something

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Was Gonna Be A Nice Guy And Tell Everyone About Something

Went to post in parts for sale, and got this BS message:

"Sorry, but only users granted special access can post topics in this forum."

I'm calling BS because I have been here for quite some time, and have several hundred post. WTF's up with that?

I was gonna post about this on ebay:
    SUZUKI KATANA 1100 GSX1100F PANIERS SADDLEBAG VERY RARE

But now I'm pissed, so f**k it.
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Um , then if I had an 1100 and was looking for luggage , and you HAD posted this , I guess I woulda thanked you .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by BraadaJim
        Due to the incredible amount of complaints we have received and the enormous number of junk threads started because of the 10 post rule to view this forum we have changed the rules concerning the Parts, gear and accessories dept.

It is now open for all to read and reply to threads. However to start a new thread listing items for sale you MUST:

1) Have a profile filled out completely

and

2) Have a MINIMUM of 50 posts.

Members are still STRONGLY advised to check out sellers BEFORE you send them any money. Although 99.99% of the people who list items here are honest and upstanding, KatRiders.com WILL NOT get involved in deals between members and makes absolutely no claims whatsoever as to the honesty or validity of any items listed in this section. However ANY abuse will result in the loss of privileges to post in here again permanently. It is your responsibility to investigate the seller and parts you are buying and to take action accordingly. Buyer beware!

If you would like to be able to post in this section and meet the above requirements please send a PM to BraadaJim and you will be added to the group that has permissions to start new threads in here.
        Well, according to this, to become a "special member" you have to PM BraadaJim. I did that a week ago and haven't heard anything back.

I guess if I need to sell anything Katana, I'll have to list it on eBay. While I'd like to offer items to Katriders members first, it doesn't look like that is an option.
        -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
        -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

Originally posted by mharrison
          Originally posted by BraadaJim
          Due to the incredible amount of complaints we have received and the enormous number of junk threads started because of the 10 post rule to view this forum we have changed the rules concerning the Parts, gear and accessories dept.

It is now open for all to read and reply to threads. However to start a new thread listing items for sale you MUST:

1) Have a profile filled out completely

and

2) Have a MINIMUM of 50 posts.

Members are still STRONGLY advised to check out sellers BEFORE you send them any money. Although 99.99% of the people who list items here are honest and upstanding, KatRiders.com WILL NOT get involved in deals between members and makes absolutely no claims whatsoever as to the honesty or validity of any items listed in this section. However ANY abuse will result in the loss of privileges to post in here again permanently. It is your responsibility to investigate the seller and parts you are buying and to take action accordingly. Buyer beware!

If you would like to be able to post in this section and meet the above requirements please send a PM to BraadaJim and you will be added to the group that has permissions to start new threads in here.
          Well, according to this, to become a "special member" you have to PM BraadaJim. I did that a week ago and haven't heard anything back.

I guess if I need to sell anything Katana, I'll have to list it on eBay. While I'd like to offer items to Katriders members first, it doesn't look like that is an option.
          Three weeks for me. I know that Jim is busy. I'm wondering if any of the other Admins can add us to that group?
          Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
          -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
          -Terence

Comment

On the one hand StevieB, you were not selling the luggage.

On the other hand, Jim being the only person to approve allowed sellers is bogus. Any mod should be able to do that. What is the criteria anyway? I have sold/given away a lot of parts here. I don't think anyone ever had an issue.. The best bet for selling Katana parts is here. Well eBay too, but I would rather sell a part to a fellow KR member for $10 than on eBay for $20..

Comment

Uh, BraadaJim, not trying to start a fire storm here, or anything, just wanted to post in the most appropriate section.

I do think having to apply for permission is a bit extreme. The 50-post rule and complete profile seem okay with me, tho. You had a real concern, 'tis true- but perhaps you over reacted a bit?
              "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB
                Uh, BraadaJim, ........ You had a real concern, 'tis true- but perhaps you over reacted a bit?
                Hello, Pot? This is the Kettle calling..........

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
                  Hello, Pot? This is the Kettle calling..........

I don't think requiring approval to post your first sale item is a big deal. I can certainly understand the reasoning behind it.

I just PM'd one of the other admins of that section to see if they can approve the access as well.
                  -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
                  -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

don't feel bad there Steve. I have 7699 posts counting this one, and made a request a year ago to post in that section. and I have been a member since day one.
                    I received no response.

so I had no choice but to conclude, "fuck it....just post it in a different section".

I have sold a fair amount of parts on here just by word of mouth and from getting pm's requesting parts, but most of my sales go to folks on other forums. GS Resources being the major one.

I am like md86....I would rather sell to a KR member for $10 instead of $20 on ebay. However, I refuse to sell to a KR member for $10 when I can get $40-50 on GS Resources just because the administration here will not let me post here.

In other words, I think the KR policy prevents, or at least makes it quite difficult, for members to find the parts they need because the people with those parts for sale can not post them here. so they end up on ebay and half of them we never know about.

I tried to understand the reasoning behing this policy on KR, seeing as I have been able to list in the parts section on several forums I have joined, within a very short time period. some as short as joining the forum, making 10 posts, then allowed to post as I please.
                    The only conclusion I have come up with that makes sense is that seeing Jim is the owner of this site, and also deals in parts, he just allows access to those he feels would not be too much competition. That conclusion was more or less affirmed when I heard about the big fight when someone else on here designed another seat cowl.

But you know what? I can't say as I blame him. If I was owner of a site like this, and did business with a site like this, I would protect my interests as well.
                    So just do as I do....use ebay, then post a link in the lounge or another appropriate section and let it go from there. I do just fine without using the "part for sale" section".
                    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                      I am like md86....I would rather sell to a KR member for $10 instead of $20 on ebay. However, I refuse to sell to a KR member for $10 when I can get $40-50 on GS Resources just because the administration here will not let me post here.
                      Like who??

I just noticed you can post in the "bikes" section..
                      So you can post a whole bike for sale but not a horn bracket?

I don't usually criticize Jim for the way he runs the site (I still don't think I am) , this "approval" deal just seems way too inefficient. Who wants to wait weeks to get approval?

Comment

Yes we can add. Send Fred your information and we will add you to the section. It is just another way to keep those who sign up jsut to sell stuff and then disappear. We have had some members get burned that way and we are just trying to make it better. So do not complain until you ask another MOD or Admin person about it. Use the PM function and do it there please. Thread is now locked.
                        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Working...
                        X