Kat Gone, new bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kat Gone, new bike

Well,
    Got the bike I have been wanting for a while. Traded the Kat in and got a 2007 Ninja 250.
    Some folks would consider it a step down, but not me. This bike is pretty impressive for such a small engine. It is very comfortable, light and quick.
    Pretty good on the highway as well. Got to keep the revs down for the breakin, but it had no problem at 70 mph. Definately getting rid of the stickers.
    it is perfect for all the around the city driving. Sometimes less is more.
    The Kat was very fun to rebuild and drive, but can't keep every bike I own.
    Still putting a new clutch in my BMW bike, so the Ninja will get a lot of use. Love KR and will still be a part of it. Hey, who has better stories than KR?
    Peace,
    Newride
    Attached Files
    The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.

From Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

sorry,
    I know 3 picts,
    Can never freakin figure out how to do this correctly
    The truth knocks on the door and you say, "Go away, I'm looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.

From Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Comment

well .................................................. ......................... if thats what you wanted so be it.....
      DONT DO ANYTHING I WOULDNT DO, IF YOU DO NAME IT AFTER ME

Comment

They're fun bikes.... as long as you don't want to go over ~95mph.

And if you are following the break-in, there's no way you'll be doing 70.... 4000rpm (the max for break in according to Kawasaki) you'll only be doing 45-50mph. My suggestion is don't worry about the strict break-in the factory wants you to do, ride it as you normally would, don't push it too much, and ALWAYS vary your rpms for at least the first 500 miles.
        Two goldfish were in their tank.
        One turns to the other and says,
        "You man the guns, I'll drive."

Comment

Originally posted by bigsean
          well .................................................. ......................... if thats what you wanted so be it.....
          Eloquently put!
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Nice bike, they're a lot of fun...

I kinda like the new decals tho!

Comment

a bikes a bike .. as long as you like what you ride , life is good and you are doing alot better than the people that just look and dream .. have fun
              so many roads so little time

Comment

I spent many hours on a ZZR250 and gotta say these little bikes are a lot of fun. The ZZR is basically the same as the 250 ninja except better suspension and aluminum frame etc.
                I had my ZZR250 up to about 170kph and still a climbing. In town these lil bikes are awesome and super on fuel.
                I have been thinking about buyin a lil CBR125 just to honk around on, but I already have a couple street bikes on the road.
                Good luck with the new bike
                Don't baby it though, screw the break in after the first tank of fuel ride it like you stole it.
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I spent many hours on a ZZR250 and gotta say these little bikes are a lot of fun. The ZZR is basically the same as the 250 ninja except better suspension and aluminum frame etc.
                  I had my ZZR250 up to about 170kph and still a climbing. In town these lil bikes are awesome and super on fuel.
                  I have been thinking about buyin a lil CBR125 just to honk around on, but I already have a couple street bikes on the road.
                  Good luck with the new bike
                  Don't baby it though, screw the break in after the first tank of fuel ride it like you stole it.
                  98 GSX750F
                  95 Honda VT600 vlx
                  08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I say "Screw 'em all!", I think it's a cool looking little bike. If it handles well and it's fun to ride then RIDE IT! Heck me and the wife have been talking about getting a scooter for just around town (population 800). If it's got 2 wheels and an engine and its not a Harley I'll ride it. Congrats on the new ride dude and have fun.
                    1980 GS850L Stock cruiser
                    1982 GS1100EZ Modded heavily. As powerful as a locomotive. Able to leap tall buildings. But has problems with speeding bullets.
                    1989 GSX750F Cool Blue
                    1994 RF900R

Comment

I rode a CBR125 during my training class. Damn that little bike sure was fun!

I have always liked the Ninja 250's, nice bike brand new for short cash. Congrats!
                      "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

Do what ya gotta to be happy ... as long as you're still up on 2 wheels das W'sup, ya dig.
                        The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

my first bike was a ninjette 250,nice bike overall. have fun/drive safe
                          Watch for your Guardian Angel
                          750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

Congrats on moving up from the Kan-o-tuna!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob750
                              Heck me and the wife have been talking about getting a scooter for just around town (population 800).
                              A SCOOTER for a little bitty town like that? I lived in Pine Lake, GA, pop. about 700, and we WALKED around town!

You west coast folks are crazy!
                              "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Working...
                              X