X

Rider Down - Lindsay Ontario

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rider Down - Lindsay Ontario

My wife called me this morning (we're separated) to tell me that her uncle was killed last night riding his cruiser. All I know at this point is that someone ran a stop sign and hit him. Apparently, he was killed pretty much instantly. His girlfriend was riding with him on her own bike and she was unhurt.

I don't know if he was wearing gear but from what I knew of him, he'd be like me and not even look at the bike without full gear on.

There is not a lot we can do as riders to avoid the idiots that drive drunk, or run lights, or whatever. Just please people, be very careful out there.

RIP Pete.

EDIT: Just found this online:

===============

City of Kawartha Lakes OPP have identified the Campbellford man killed in a collision south of Bethany on Saturday.

Peter ******, 54, died when the motorcycle he was riding was involved in a collision at the intersection of Porter and Pontypool roads, police said.

OPP Const. Mark Boileau said the collision is still under investigation and no charges have been laid at this time.

The car was travelling north on Porter Road when it entered the intersection. Mr. ********’s motorcycle was travelling east on Pontypool Road, police said.

The intersection did have stop signs for traffic travelling on Porter Road, Boileau said.

Tabitha Olliffe, an 18-year-old Millbrook woman, was driving the car, police said.

Olliffe was transported to hospital with minor injuries, police said.

The intersection was closed for several hours while police investigated.

=================

So apparently graduated licensing in Ontario doesn't manage to teach the new drivers what a stop sign looks like.
    I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

sigpic

My condolences, R.I.P.

I just lost someone in my family on friday.
    myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Thats rough. Im sorry man. RIP
      Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
      6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
      5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

sorry to here that

sigpic

Comment

Very sad to hear. R.I.P.
          It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Working...
          X