X

where to find free owners manual 2000 gsx750F

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to find free owners manual 2000 gsx750F

Just bought the bike today!! Found it with 1444 miles on her, 1 semi minor scratch on the L side panels - shipping damage from the previous owner move from Texas to Montana. Been parked for several years, but dealership has done it all incl carb sync, battery, oil change, & tune up upon her trade in. The only thing it is missing is the owners manual.

Is there such a thing as a free manual somewhere? Is there a more detailed repair manual for it out there as well. (We know that Yamaha Maxim series has a extremely detailed CD manual for $10 for all Maxim series bikes from its early days to the last model produced through the Maxim BB forum)

last Q for now - What does "PRI" stand for at the gas fuel 'on' switch location stand for & what does it do?

Yeshua
    2000 Suzuki GSX750 Katana

Hi there

first congrats ob the bike and welcome to Katriders.

The manuals you request can be find in this post.. – please look trough the post for the correct links

Hope that answer your questions
    Greetings from the Land of milk and Honey – well yes... and Lego...

------------------------
    95 Katana 600
    05 BETA 270 rev3

Comment

PRI means Prime. It's the setting used to put fuel into the carbs without the bike running. Usually this is used for when the bike has been sitting or the carbs were drained. Don't ever leave it on PRI for more than 30 seconds or you end up with gas in the oil. Because the petcock is vacuum operated, leave the knob on ON for normal daily operations and RES when running low on the primary tank.

Do a search for "manual download" and it should be one of the first returned topics. Yes, it will say for the 600, but will also work for the 750.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

Thanks a lot to both of you. I found the manual.

I don't think I have any major questions right now....I can't even insure/register it yet because I have to go through a bunch of country import/export stuff and inspections since I bought in the USA and brought it to Canada....But if you guys come up with any "need-to-know-ASAP-before-riding" type things, please let me know, I havn't done a whole lot of riding yet.

Although I would like to know how much I should worry about catwalking....my dad tried to catwalk it at the dealership just from accelerating quickly, but it didn't work....although I think he weighs around 250 lbs. I'm only 180lbs. I know that you can start a catwalk by doing something with the clutch, but not sure exactly how. I wouldn't want to actually do this, I'm just more curious at how hard I can push this without fear of flipping and creating a large repair bill.

Thanks a lot everyone.

Yeshua
        2000 Suzuki GSX750 Katana

Comment

PRI means Prime. It's the setting used to put fuel into the carbs without the bike running. Usually this is used for when the bike has been sitting or the carbs were drained. Don't ever leave it on PRI for more than 30 seconds or you end up with gas in the oil. Because the petcock is vacuum operated, leave the knob on ON for normal daily operations and RES when running low on the primary tank.
          I stand corrected... Thanks brooder - have edited my answer
          Greetings from the Land of milk and Honey – well yes... and Lego...

------------------------
          95 Katana 600
          05 BETA 270 rev3

Comment

Originally posted by Yeshua
            Thanks a lot to both of you. I found the manual.

I don't think I have any major questions right now....I can't even insure/register it yet because I have to go through a bunch of country import/export stuff and inspections since I bought in the USA and brought it to Canada....But if you guys come up with any "need-to-know-ASAP-before-riding" type things, please let me know, I havn't done a whole lot of riding yet.

Although I would like to know how much I should worry about catwalking....my dad tried to catwalk it at the dealership just from accelerating quickly, but it didn't work....although I think he weighs around 250 lbs. I'm only 180lbs. I know that you can start a catwalk by doing something with the clutch, but not sure exactly how. I wouldn't want to actually do this, I'm just more curious at how hard I can push this without fear of flipping and creating a large repair bill.

Thanks a lot everyone.

Yeshua
            if you haven't dont a whole lot of riding you dont need to be worrying about how to catwalk (aka pop a wheelie) just yet, its better to not even know how to do it than it is to know how just so you won't be tempted to try it.

just have fun learning to ride and it getting used to leaning etc etc....worry about all that stuff later if you want.
            06' Zuki Katana 750
            Vance and Hines Slip-On

Comment

Working...
            X