X

Royal Purple oil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Purple oil

Has anyone tried Royal Purple oil? It is synth oil that is supposed to make the engine ron cooler. If that is true it may be worht the cost to use over the summer when it is already 100 outside.
    ANyone hear of it or use it?
    Amazon has 12 bottles for $129.00

The price per liter is pretty expensive and not worth the extra cost Imo. A good motorcycle oil thats got a JASO MA rating should be fine, like castrol or Motul etc.. Here's a link that explains all you need to know, thanks to cyberpoet http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/moto...to/mc_oil.html
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I was just thinking that I wind up doing a lot of city driving, and it has been a heatwave this summer this might be a good idea. Assuming that it keeps its promise to make the engine run cooler.

Comment

I would say the claims are, at best, poorly substantiated. Recall that Newt Gingrich said, in a seminar he was giving on swaying public opinion, that if you repeat a lie often enough, it assumes the patina of truth. It is very easy for a manuf. to make claims for their product, but can be v. hard for a reader to figure out the truth. I have read Royal Purple's literature, and remain skeptical. I am also suspect of their marketing methods- very similar to those of that teflon oil additive from about 10 years ago- intice small, very eager, entreipenurs to sell it on word of mouth/testimony. The strongest personal testimony has ZERO stastical/scientific power- or so close as to be zero. What carries the day is repeated trials or test. The little guys are only thinking of the money they can make, and thus repeat the company line, likely believing it is true, but not really knowing. Unfortunately, the science is usually there.
        "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I find it hard to believe that it would make a measurable difference. I would feel better just running an oil that can handle the heat.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Ive used Royal Purple in all my cars. I love their oil. For me i either use Royal Purple or Mobil 1 Synthetic.

But i go with Royal Purple if its in stock. But truth be told, itll do the same job as any other higher quality synthetic. Its pretty much brand preferance.

BTW i get a case (12 bottles) for 78 dollars... how you come up with $128 is beyond me. Go to your local auto parts store and buy a case there. It will be alot cheaper. Hell buying 12 bottles that are seperate would be cheaper than that.

DC Born..Maryland Bred

I will never be forgotten. I will only fade as time goes on from your consious thoughts.

Comment

I've heard of it for cars, but haven't tried it. Its supposed to be very good like Amsoil, but I also love my beloved Mobile 1. Besides Royal purple is about $6-$7 a quart, more than the $4.50 for Mobile 1. Truth be told, up here, dealers aside, most stores only carry Mobile 1 4T or their V-Twin variation, though some VIP autoparts stores do have regular Penzoil, but I won't use that crap in my bike (or car).
              Who brought the retarded kid?

Comment

Working...
              X