X

Bar risers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar risers

I have been riding my new (to me) 2003 Katana for a few days. I am finding that it hurts my back leaning forward. It is possible to put risers under the bars to lift them up. I only need an other inch or two. Any suggestions?
    Forgiveness is what defines us. For without forgiveness, humans would have annihilated themselves with endless retributions.

2004 600 Kat

Billet Aluminum frame clamps and custom delrin sliders for 98+ Kats
    http://www.burley1.ca

Try these guys

If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken you can also swap out to a Katana 750 Triple clamp which raises it a bit.

By the way, you may also want to give it a little more time to allow your body to adjust to the riding position.
      -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
      -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

Originally posted by mharrison
        Unless I'm mistaken you can also swap out to a Katana 750 Triple clamp which raises it a bit.
        This is probably the easiest route to go.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I had a terrible time when I first got my Kat as well, but it was mostly the way I was holding on to it. Riding posture goes along way for discomfort. Use your legs to hold your body up, not your arms.

Give it a while before making any big changes. Then, if you still have problems, go for the risers.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

The pre-98's swap out very easily - I just pulled the upper triple off of my 600 and swapped it for a 750, which gives about an inch and a half to 2 inches of rise (plus, between the clamp and the plate, that's gotta add something more to the height as well). I should, for esthetic reasons, drop the lower triple about a half inch so the fork tubes go flush with the top of the upper triple... maybe after I get used to riding her again.

Do the Post-98's have that same difference as the pre's??
            "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

the 98-02 upper trees are the same and are different than 03-06 upper trees.

hehe I wasted alot of money to find this out

haha

it isnt hard to do, however that wierd screwdriver is needed to get the ignition out. anyone know what this is called? kinda like a hex screw with center pin.

thanks,

matt
              Bling....

Comment

Originally posted by ismatts
                it isnt hard to do, however that wierd screwdriver is needed to get the ignition out. anyone know what this is called? kinda like a hex screw with center pin.
                I think their just called tamper-proof

Comment

the 98-02 upper trees are the same and are different than 03-06 upper trees.

hehe I wasted alot of money to find this out

haha

thanks,

matt
                  Yeah, those are a pain in the jones... you'll have to take a hammer and a flat head and tink them out a little bit at a time; or, just break the damned things off and replace them with hexheads...
                  "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Originally posted by monger
                    I think their just called tamper-proof
                    You can get a full set of security bits at like home depot, ace, true value.... any of those places
                    Two goldfish were in their tank.
                    One turns to the other and says,
                    "You man the guns, I'll drive."

Comment

These are excellent. using them when touring. Very high quality. Easy to install and remove. I highly reccomend them. http://www.scrmotorcycles.com/katanaproducts.html

Comment

Working...
                      X