X

Bike unsteady while riding....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike unsteady while riding....

So I'm riding home from work on National Ride To Work day, and I notice that my bike if feeling a little squirrelly. It doesn't want to track straight and has some shimmy from side to side. It feels like the rear wheel is loose and shifting from side to side slightly.

So, I slow down quickly and pull over. First things first, no the rear wheel is solid......So I keep looking at things......swingarm is solid......

It turns out that I've got 15 lbs of air in my rear tire. So, I air it up and it's all good. No nail that I can see. I'll have to keep an eye on this one!

I'm just glad it is something simple that I was able to find. Because I would not have continued to ride it like that. It felt very unstable.
    -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
    -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

when you get them I would check for leaks, a bottle of soapy water should be all you need. Just put the bike on the centerstand or rear stand and turn it while spraying checking for leaks. Also check around the valve stem.

Comment

Short of someone letting the air out on purpose, something had to cause that tire to go down that far. I agree with 87vert, pump it full of air and do a leak test.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Letting the air out on purpose? Crimony, that's just wrong. -For a rider that could mean death.
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by 87vert
          when you get them I would check for leaks, a bottle of soapy water should be all you need. Just put the bike on the centerstand or rear stand and turn it while spraying checking for leaks. Also check around the valve stem.

I'll bet you're losing air from the valve stem...
          "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Working...
          X