Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How can you tell a 98+ 600 engine from a 750 ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you tell a 98+ 600 engine from a 750 ?

I bought a '05 750 engine (I hope) and the guy I bought it from now has a 05 600 frame on ebay. Unlike the pre 98's it doesn't have a displacement stamped on the block. How else can you tell? I'm calling my local dealership when I get home to have the engine code looked up, but there has to be other differences between the 2. I'm going to be SO mad if this guy tried to screw me. Good thing the dealership I bought it from isn't to far away. Ahh! I hope this is a 750...

Yes, the displacement is marked on the block. Failing that, you can look up the engine code located near the oil fill.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Yes, the displacement is marked on the block. Failing that, you can look up the engine code located near the oil fill.
      -Steve

sigpic

Comment

I searched all over and didn't see a displacement anywhere, I'll have to check again when I get out of work.

Comment

Are the oil capacities different? mine has 3300ml stamped by the oil filler cap...
          Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
          18v Rigid Drill
          Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
          New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
            18v Rigid Drill
            New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

double post!

05/02 1216 Kabandit
              18v Rigid Drill

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle
                http://www.suzukicycles.org/_misc/identification.shtml
                Big thanks It is in fact a 750, KNOW YOUR ENGINE CODES BEFORE YOU BUY! God talk about a near heart attack, I just ordered a new full hindle exhaust and jet kit for this motor today. After going over every inch of the engine again, there isn't any displacement stamped anywhere, at least on this one. Close call

Comment

cool, good to hear, I didn't find a stamp on my 05 600 motor either, there looks to be a place for it a the bottom of the cylinders on the left side, but nothing there.

It still COULD be a 600 though, I think, If someone swapped out everything from the crankcase on up, I guess they only way to know it to pull the head and measure bore x stroke, or the carb size....again, I don't know for sure, it would take a lot of work just to get some extra money....

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                  18v Rigid Drill

Comment

one has TWO zero's...

Comment

If the engine code says it's a 750... it's probably a 750.
                      -Steve

sigpic

Comment

=USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
                        X