X

what do you do when a cage starts to pull into your lane

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slim
    I once kicked a car that did that to me at a stop sign. he figured he could squeeze up beside me in the lane. arsehole.
    some friends that came down last year to ride w/ me did just that also. A pickup cut him off, he was in the lead at the time. once we got off the exit. he pulled up beside him, told him he was number 1 and put a nice dent in his door!

Comment

i hear the "i kicked the door" thing alot. Its not impressive at all. If I were in a car and I didnt see a motorcyclist it would be an accident, does that give him a right to kick my door, I dont think so.

Say you are on your bike and you make a stupid move that puts a car in danger, should they pull up and kick your bike?
      Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaO215
        i hear the "i kicked the door" thing alot. Its not impressive at all. If I were in a car and I didnt see a motorcyclist it would be an accident, does that give him a right to kick my door, I dont think so.

Say you are on your bike and you make a stupid move that puts a car in danger, should they pull up and kick your bike?
        oh trust me, when I did it it was no accident on the car's part. was at a red light, I was stopped, and the car slowly inched his way beside me in my lane....all the while looking at me to make sure he didn't 'hit me'. and then when I finally noticed him (I didn't see him doin' that at first cuz he had safely stopped behind me so I was looking elsewhere) I gave him the "what the hell are you doin'" look/shrug. and he looked at me and kept going. so I kicked his car (front bumper to be exact I think). he then just looked at me with a dumb look on his face and the light changed.
        - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

so becuase someone pissed you off you get to damage their property?

Comment

who said anythin baout damaging property.U can kick a bumper or door with denting or scratching it. Personally i have never done it. Nor would i try while actually moving.
            " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

If someone pulls a bonehead move like they did , then I belive some "re-education" is allowed . I uderstand accidents , but dumb $hit like that just needs to be addressed and corrected . Like a swat on the nose of a dog caught crapping on the rug . Bad cager !
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaO215
                so becuase someone pissed you off you get to damage their property?
                have ya seen the size of me?! I don't think I could hurt a car if I tried!
                and md86 said it well - this was no "accident".

and so what you're saying is that the dumbarse who hit me (actual me...not me in a car) with his car the other day, on purpose, while I was standing still, I should just let him walk away without saying or doin' anything? (and trust me, I highly restrained myself with him.....e'eryone else wanted to key his car, let the air out of his tires, etc. I just yelled and threatened to put my fist through his window). I'm sorry, but I'm not about to let someone do something so dumbarsed and then do/say nothing.
                - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

there is a difference between someone intentionally trying to injure you and someone pulling into your lane.

Yours would be a special case. But in most I would say kicking the car just makes you, and motorcyclists in general, look foolish

Comment

In the case of a cager moving in on me, I would simply bail out (from the front or rear depending) Because any other action might be dangerous. If you honk or anything dramatic, well, if the driver is in his little bubble, there's a slight chance you'll surprise/scare the **** out of him, which might result in a worst output ( a simple jolt on a steering WILL send you and your bike flying)..

So, if it's a cage creeping into your lane, forgive.

If it's a cage trying to belittle you in traffic or at a stop, well, education is needed in an aggressive way, that person was already trespassing to begin with...

Aramis

Comment

Rev your engine pretty good if you want to freak them out. Turn your head, keep your eyes on them and tweak the throttle a few times. Ususally I get the tight jawed "Don't look over, Herbert! He's crazy!" reaction. If you have a smoked or reflective helmet, all the better. It's pretty scary when someone with no face is looking at you making lots of mechanical noise.

Or you could make a doodie on their hood, but that takes a little time.
                      Nobody looks back on his or her life and wishes they had spent more time at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad
                        Speak for yourself, I can do it on command at anytime of the day or evening
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                          Originally posted by Nomad
                          Speak for yourself, I can do it on command at anytime of the day or evening
                          Thanks for the visual..just dont doodie on my cowl

Comment

What about IN it??
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Something tells me there's gonna be alittle surprise in the box when I get it back... payback for those packing peanuts the UPS store put in there.

Comment

I didn't open up the box yet.....

And I hate those peanuts!!!!

I hope you didn't put them in there... Or else you will get a present back
                                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                                -Ohlins Susupension
                                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X