X

Nothing Seems To Work On This Stuff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing Seems To Work On This Stuff

i removed all my decals and the glue came off easily except for the two on the rear fender that say "750"....for some reason this sticker backing stuff will not come off...ive tried paint clean up thinner stuff, gasoline,goo gone,wd-40,finger nail polish remover,heat gun etc. and it just wont come off....any advice?
    I RIDE FOR A LIVING...WHAT ABOUT YOU??

goof off

Comment

i'll try it...thanks....any other suggestions anyone?

Comment

I've had the same problem with mine. I even tried one of those rubber wheel drill attachments but all that did was burn the paint. Thats why I'm painting it flat black as we speak, lol.
        96 Katana 600
        97 4 door Blazer LT
        03 Honda Pilot EXL
        sigpic

Comment

its called oops... its a latex paint remover and works well on sticker glue

Comment

I used sand paper...

Comment

just bring it to a local sign shop. We get some really great adhesive removers that most of you out there dont have access too.
              99 YZF600R with 03 R6 fairing, headlights & mirrors, Sportech Blue Chrome Windscreen, D&D can,
              OES Frame sliders, MotoTeck smoked front turns, CBR 954rr Smoked Integrated Tail
              and 14T Front/49T Rear w/ DID X Ring Chain

1993 Zuki Katana 600 $500 project bike

Comment

thanks everyone....im sure i will find something with all your ideas...lol

Comment

I used rubbing alcohol and gauze sponges. Worked like a charm after everything else failed.

Comment

YOUR LOCAL BIDY SHOP MAY HAVE SOME STUFF CALLED SPEEDY WE USE IT AT THE SHOP I WORK THAT WHAT I USED ON MINE

Comment

Originally posted by Phil042
                      its called oops... its a latex paint remover and works well on sticker glue
                      Thats what I used as well, and it worked like a charm.
                      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

This has always worked for me and did for those decals as well.

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by badkat
                          YOUR LOCAL BIDY SHOP MAY HAVE SOME STUFF CALLED SPEEDY WE USE IT AT THE SHOP I WORK THAT WHAT I USED ON MINE
                          We all heard ya..
                          2007 GSXR 600 BLACK
                          Traded in the 02 KAT 600 and sold the 02 KX250..
                          2003 KX 125 (sold)

Comment

My 750 has a little "boo boo" were the D.A.P.O. messed up the paint removing the 750 sticker from the tail. It's a spot about 1/2 the size of a postage stamp with a layer of paint missing.
                            -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
                            -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

Leave it out in the sun for a while, then spray some goo gone on it, let it sit for a few minutes, then used a terry cloth and scrub away.

I think the best way to remove the decals is to do it as soon as you get the bike if you get it brand new, since the glue hasn't had time to completely cure yet, that's what I did, left it out in the sun for a while, and it peeled off with barely any residue.
                              Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                              18v Rigid Drill
                              Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                              New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Working...
                              X