X

Help: Bike slips on rear stand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help: Bike slips on rear stand

Last night I put the bike up on the rear stand and it began to slide down the swing arm.

I checked the mounts and the rubber on them is dilapidated. Is it possible to replace those pieces? Can I wrap them in anything to make them more tacky?

I tried wrapping them in duct tape, but the surface was too slick.

Well thats a new one...
    If it is a name brand one I bet you can get new pads.
    The pads are generally add ons to the spool type ones right?

Comment

Its the brand cyclegear carries, motoboss.

Is it possible I'm mounting it improperly? I'm placing it under the swing arm near the wheel alignment plate.

If it were the type of floor the bike is on, what could I put on the stand to give it traction? A brick in front of the wheel and behind the stand?

Comment

just an idea...
        Put some skateboard grip tape under your swingarm. Not the whole length, but just where you would normally put the rear stand. Then wrap some of the same skateboard tape around the arms of yer stand. this should grip well enough, and not slide.. Just make sure to keep it hidden under the swingarm and nobody will ever know its there.

Just a thought/idea..

-=Peace

Comment

Get some Plasti Dip from Home Depot and dip them to recoat them.
          Ron
          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
            Get some Plasti Dip from Home Depot and dip them to recoat them.
            + 1

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I bought Plasti Dip last night! I put 2 coats on so far and I'll be trying to stand the bike up tonight. Thanks for the tips!

If anyones in socal and needs some plasti dip, I'll have almost a full can and I don't mind sharing.

Comment

Working...
              X