No announcement yet.
X

I need help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't you just get a new side stand switch?

That sounds kinda dangerous not to have one....
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

So let me straighten one thing out then, from the factory the bike will start in neutral with the side stand down but it will not go into gear with the side stand down, and also the bike should originally not be able to start in any gear except for neutral, is this correct?
      sigpic
      Sgt of Marines
      2003 GSX-R 600

Comment

Yes, it will start in gear, with side stand up, and clutch in though.
        Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
        18v Rigid Drill
        Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
        New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Originally posted by D-Wes
          So let me straighten one thing out then, from the factory the bike will start in neutral with the side stand down but it will not go into gear with the side stand down, and also the bike should originally not be able to start in any gear except for neutral, is this correct?
          it will go into gear with the sidestand down, but it will stall.....like it is doing with you now. and yes....as recon stated, it will start in gear with the stand up and clutch in.

it sounds like you are kinda new to this, so you might as well be told what the biggest danger to your set-up is. you could take of with the stand down, and the first time you lean left, it is going to catch the ground. I have done it twice in my life, and both times it scared the crap outta me....but I stayed up.both times on moto-x that didn't have the switch.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe

it sounds like you are kinda new to this, so you might as well be told what the biggest danger to your set-up is. you could take of with the stand down, and the first time you lean left, it is going to catch the ground. I have done it twice in my life, and both times it scared the crap outta me....but I stayed up.both times on moto-x that didn't have the switch.
            Yup happened to me once... Just once.. I ended up going across a lawn, luckily the curbing was ramped..

Comment

So what wont let the bike start in gear, is that the clutch safety? and if so what is it called in a wiring diagram so i can find where it starts and ends.
              sigpic
              Sgt of Marines
              2003 GSX-R 600

Comment

Working...
              X