Signal Relay box

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signal Relay box

Hi Everyone,

Where is the best place to buy a replacement signal relay box?

Stealership.
    It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

ebay......that's my choice

Comment

relay

i just replaced mine with a $2 one from autozone. i think it for a late 70's chevy. found the info here on the site. its 2 prong and readily avail.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

Yeah are you talking turnsignal relay?

try that..

Comment

I'm talkin' signal relay alright.

Thanks for the write up link! What dealership can I go to? Any motorcycle dealer? Mission Motorsports is near by along with Mach 1. I don't mind spending $10-$15 for the part for the sake of peace of mind. If it turns into a hassle, I can rebuild it the way you guys did it.

Does Autozone carry motorcycle parts?

Ingenuity only begins to describe what you guys put together there.

Comment

Call around to the Suzuki dealers. Not sure if that part is stocked. It will at least save you a ride to find out they need to order it.

Comment

check out www.bikebandit.com, that site has all OEM parts for just about any bike.
                Jealousy Is Natural

Comment

KatanaEvolution - Did you buy a relay yet? If not I have one I'll sell you, for a '92 750 Kat.
                  I ordered it and didn't need it after all, but no returns on electical stuff.
                  e-mail me [email protected] if interested

Comment

I just put a standard 557 flasher on my 88 kat and it flashes normal. its around 3-5 dollars and any parts store. Im sure its cheaper than going to a dealer so they can rake you.

Comment

I did the same thing that Phil did...I was amazed by the price difference...Autozone only cost me $3 while the dealer wanted considerably more...oh well it works..
                      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Was any re-wiring required on the 557, or does it just hook right up?

Comment

The one in my post is the 552.. I'm thinking its the same procedure right?

Comment

relay

if the one i got is a 557, it plugged right in, no mods other than a tie strap to hold it in place.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

For what I understand...there is a 3 prong and a 2 prong...my kat uses the 2 prong...but since I'm running LED's I also bought a 2 prong electronic one...this is supposed to prevent the fast blinking on the LED lights...
                              Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Working...
                              X