Problem with my bike...???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tried it again

Originally posted by rschudel
    i tried startin up my bike again today and started right up with the choke on. but when i gave it gas it started boggin down again and it seemed like the lights kept gettin dull when gas was given. does that help?
    Follow some of the advices here:

Prof was not getting gas in one cylinder.. (still isn't I guess)
    but the tips are still good.

Comment

wait.. Lights are getting dull? You could have a bad battery or charging system The lights should get brighter. If you lost your alternator you would have been running off the battery. When you tried to restart it how did it sound? Spinning real fast or not at all?
      If it spins fast then maybe in off track but the lights should get brighter on rev..

Comment

i dont really know what spinning fast or slow means but the bike didnt sound right to me..

Comment

If battery is not dead yet,it will be from all that tryin'.Did u ever check that air cleaner.sometimes all these problems are caused by the simplest things.

Comment

Originally posted by rschudel
            i dont really know what spinning fast or slow means but the bike didnt sound right to me..
            As in, when you're trying to start it, is it turning over quickly or very sluggishly?

Basically do you hear:
            dadadadadada
            or
            da...da...da...da

Comment

Nice Req...

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                Nice Req...
                I know, I know. My sound effects > All others.

Comment

oh..haha its goin fast then. i looked at the air filter but it looked fine to me. how do u know if somethin is wrong or not?just if it looks like crap basically? someone told me that bikes are known for condesation inside the tank and maybe i should just drain the tank and put new gas in. i might go try that in a bit..... thanks again and sorry i dont know what im talk bout but ur helpin me a lot

Comment

how long has the gas been in there?has been sitting?if its been a while you might have to clean the carbs.

Comment

i drained the gas and put some HEET in it which is supposed to clean out ur tank basically and the bike was running well for a while with new gas in it. took it out on the highway and died on me again. how do you clean the carbs out?

Comment

Cleaning the carbs would be in....
                        Hold on I'll check

There is a sticky in mechanics 101.. Something in the FAQ / how to section.. And someone did a write up on cleaning.. Maybe search for rebuilding?

Comment

ill bet its your problem

Comment

Sounds like fouled plugs to me. WHen my plugs were going bad, it would only start with full choke and it would idle at around 1500, and then within 5 minutes would drop down and die. Changed the plugs, boom, worked fine.
                            2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                              wait.. Lights are getting dull? You could have a bad battery or charging system The lights should get brighter. If you lost your alternator you would have been running off the battery. When you tried to restart it how did it sound? Spinning real fast or not at all?
                              If it spins fast then maybe in off track but the lights should get brighter on rev..
                              If this winds up being the case - let me know. I can hook you up cheap...
                              "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

well i think im just goin to give up and take it to someone that knows what they are talkin bout..plus im so busy with school its hard to get around to messin with it. thanks everyone for the help and ill let you know what the prob is..

Comment

Working...
                                X