X

katana dot head swap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katana dot head swap

Been awhile since I was here...,working on my 2001 Kat750 and wondering if a 93 kat 750 dot head will fit and what is the upsides of this swap. Aside from the benefits of the gsxr cams I'm going with,what will the head itself add to the equation? Higher compression? better breathing? As always,great site
    Pension Racing

Cams yes
    but my thoughts
    head swap onto a post Kat engine probably can be done, I have heard of a story about it the cam chain tunnel is a different shape which is the big kicker so it's a bit of work to get them to fit, is what I understand.
    Probably better shaving the existing head if you want to up the compression with the pre cams
    DOT head swaps on larger bored bikes yes
    “Anything that happens, happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.
    Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn’t necessarily do it in chronological order, though.”
    ― Douglas Adams

Comment

Ha ha
      I actually have a 99 barrel and a DOT head

Here's how they line up and the valves look like they'd hit the liners to

“Anything that happens, happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.
      Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn’t necessarily do it in chronological order, though.”
      ― Douglas Adams

Comment

Thank you for the reply and comprehensive explanation......you and the people on here like you willing to help is what makes this site so great
        Cheers
        Pension Racing

Comment

Working...
        X